starting lineup for the next game

TMG
WW
Pledger
Crocker
Tiny

Cade Davis has no business starting. His shooting is terrible. Bring him off the bench to see if his shot is falling and if it's not send him back to the pine.

Cade Davis is shooting 35%. He should be benched immediately. Davis was the main culprit in last nights loss. When UTEP went on their 17-2 run that was the difference in the game Davis jacked 3 after horrible 3.

TMG
WW
Pledger
Crocker
Tiny

Cade Davis has no business starting. His shooting is terrible. Bring him off the bench to see if his shot is falling and if it's not send him back to the pine.

Cade Davis is shooting 35%. He should be benched immediately. Davis was the main culprit in last nights loss. When UTEP went on their 17-2 run that was the difference in the game Davis jacked 3 after horrible 3.

our problem, imo is defense. I would trust cade more than pledger in that department.

TMG
WW
Crocker
Wright
Tiny

I'm not sure if the 4 guard lineup is the way to go

I'd base it on practice. Obviously guys like Allen, Willis, and Pledger haven't done enough in practice or games to unseat the starters. If they do, then they start. As bad as WW has been, and I actually didn't think his defense was any worse then the rest of the guards yesterday, I'm not sure I'd just bench him. But I might. Would depend on practice, and I don't get to see those.

I would go with three guards... never did like the 4 guard lineup.

TMG
Warren
Crocker
Tiny
Allen/Fitz/Wright 15 fouls and they better be used up.

And the first player not hustling on any play... I would yank is a**.

Defense is a function of offense. When you play transition teams like Houston, Northern Colorado or UTEP there is only one way to defend them ... MAKE YOUR SHOTS.

If you miss 3s and give them long rebounds you are not going to defend them. Seriously tell me how you are going to defend their 6'11" center pulling up in transition and nailing a 3? You aren't.

Put the 5 best offensive players on the floor. TMG, WW, Pledger, Crocker and Tiny. Work your offense, the defense will take care of itself.

Put the 5 best offensive players on the floor. TMG, WW, Pledger, Crocker and Tiny. Work your offense, the defense will take care of itself.

They tried that against Houston and lost because they gave up 100 points... They scored 93 and lost, because the defense doesnt take care of itself.

TMG
Cade
Tony
Fitz
Tiny

Send a message.

I think we need to just play the other guys and see if they can play. Even if it means putting Beau Gerber on the court. They can't be any worse defensively than what we got right now.

Defense is a function of offense. When you play transition teams like Houston, Northern Colorado or UTEP there is only one way to defend them ... MAKE YOUR SHOTS.

If you miss 3s and give them long rebounds you are not going to defend them. Seriously tell me how you are going to defend their 6'11" center pulling up in transition and nailing a 3? You aren't.

defense does not take care of itself. if anything it will be the other way around. Defense will create offense

They tried that against Houston and lost because they gave up 100 points... They scored 93 and lost, because the defense doesnt take care of itself.

Wrong, OU lost to Houston because there was a stretch where we turned the ball over like 5 times in a row and they made us pay every time.

The Houston loss comes down to OU having 18 turnovers and Houston having only 7.

Bottom line, take care of the offense and the defense takes care of itself. All this talk of defense is bogus. Teams are getting good shots against us because we are not having good offensive possessions consistently enough.

Bottom line, take care of the offense and the defense takes care of itself. All this talk of defense is bogus. Teams are getting good shots against us because we are not having good offensive possessions consistently enough.

this is the most bizarre statement I have read in awhile.

TMG
WW
Pledger
Crocker
Tiny

Not starting? Last time I checked he won a game for us this week at home scored 25 WW scored 4 and refused to get back on the break. Without Davis we get beat. Most games he is the only guy playing D. He wasn;t the only guy letting UTEP run to the rim for a easy 2.

Boy, you weren't watching real closely.

Wrong, OU lost to Houston because there was a stretch where we turned the ball over like 5 times in a row and they made us pay every time.

The Houston loss comes down to OU having 18 turnovers and Houston having only 7.

Soo, teams are getting good shots against us because... we have bad offensive possessions?? HUH?

Soo, teams are getting good shots against us because... we have bad offensive possessions?? HUH?

Of course. When you make a shot you get back and set your defense. When you turn the ball over or miss a shot it's a free for all, especially when you miss long jumpers with long rebounds. Then the other team is running to their spots and the defense is not set, giving them better looks. Especially vs teams like Houston and UTEP.

This won't as much of a problem in the wrestling Big XII where there is not much good offense.

Of course. When you make a shot you get back and set your defense. When you turn the ball over or miss a shot it's a free for all, especially when you miss long jumpers with long rebounds. Then the other team is running to their spots and the defense is not set, giving them better looks. Especially vs teams like Houston and UTEP.

This won't as much of a problem in the wrestling Big XII where there is not much good offense.

this is called transition defense. Its not the main problem. Players have been getting wide open layups and shots during set plays.

Its funny that you believe that our offense is more to blame for the opponents offensive game than our defense

Pledger cannot play extended minutes until he can learn to play defense. When he came in, UTEP basically ran a 1 out and 4 in offense. The 1 was Pledger's man who beat him off the dribble and either scored or passed to an open player under the basket. Pledger in totally ineffective if he is not hitting shots, and it is obvious by the stats that he is not doing that lately.

You obviously don't even pay attention to the games. Both Houston and UTEP went on huge runs when we turned the ball over the bricked perimeter shots. Same with UNC.

Sure they scored some points against our set defenses but the damage in all 3 games came when our offense got out of control and inefficient.

Of course it sounds like a lot of people around here just watch WW the entire game looking for anything to pick apart so it is understandable they miss what is going on.

Back