starting lineup for the next game

Offense leading to defense is an interesting concept and basically goes against anyone who has ever played or coached the game of basketball. Maybe Boca is simply ahead of the curve.

You obviously don't even pay attention to the games. Both Houston and UTEP went on huge runs when we turned the ball over the bricked perimeter shots. Same with UNC.

Sure they scored some points against our set defenses but the damage in all 3 games came when our offense got out of control and inefficient.

Of course it sounds like a lot of people around here just watch WW the entire game looking for anything to pick apart so it is understandable they miss what is going on.

i will agree with you on one thing. Houston and UTEP made runs when we were making perimeter shots...i wonder why that is?

Offense leading to defense is an interesting concept and basically goes against anyone who has ever played or coached the game of basketball. Maybe Boca is simply ahead of the curve.

Or, perhaps, he's just offensive.

It's a combination of missing threes and not getting back on defense. You guys are argueing about which one is the problem, but they BOTH are problems.

Personally I think not getting back on D is the #1 reason we let teams like UTEP, Houston and VCU torch us.

I can't figure out why we don't get back on D when almost no one attempts to offensive rebound.

I can't figure out why we don't get back on D when almost no one attempts to offensive rebound.

i've noticed that alot of the times we stand around and wait to see if the shot goes in

Pledger cannot play extended minutes until he can learn to play defense. When he came in, UTEP basically ran a 1 out and 4 in offense. The 1 was Pledger's man who beat him off the dribble and either scored or passed to an open player under the basket. Pledger in totally ineffective if he is not hitting shots, and it is obvious by the stats that he is not doing that lately.

Pledger is the everyone was saying a solid defender...I think he's letting the fact that his shot is not falling effect his game

I have never heard anyone argue that defense "takes care of itself". I'm not even sure what that means. Teams should ignore defense and not practice it?

Wow, totally bizarre argument that pretty much contradicts what every good coach has ever said.

Pretty sure that defense is the most important area for improvement. Oh, and if it was me, my line-up would be:

C: OA/RW
PF: TG/AF
SF: TC/CD
SG: WW/CD/SP/RW
PG: TMG/WW

I expect that the C position will be the one that gets debated, but I think you improve defensively by letting Crocker go play perimeter defense [where I think he is one of the best in the conference]. Then I think that you drill into the heads of RW and OA what their role need to be [set screens, play tough defense and rebound]. Oh, and WW needs to pull his head out of his butt and start acting like a POY caliber player...becuase if he can do that, the entire team will improve dramatically. As to TMG, he is about exactly where I thought he was.

Back