Suit filed against EA Sports and NCAA

When you buy EA NCAA Football all the names are absent and generic. They try their best to get player ratings accurate, but the game comes with a blank roster or gives you the option to generate created names.

Now, you can get the REAL names of players onto your console. Very dedicated gamers (if you will) spend a great deal of time going through every team roster (from their site) and generating a real list of names to fit the jersey numbers in the game. This file becomes available to download on the Xbox Live network. To my knowledge, EA does not release the names of players.

Either way, if Sam Keller succeeds in making sure we can't do this I will not be happy. Part of what makes the game fun is to use the real names. Who wants to play as OU, know they are playing with Sam Bradford, but have some generic name like "Jim Smith" as his name? lol

Why does Sam Keller care?

He won't win, IMO. The schools/NCAA/EA make too much money to let a lightweight ex qb change their direction....

The NCAA will buy the case...

When you buy EA NCAA Football all the names are absent and generic. They try their best to get player ratings accurate, but the game comes with a blank roster or gives you the option to generate created names.

Now, you can get the REAL names of players onto your console. Very dedicated gamers (if you will) spend a great deal of time going through every team roster (from their site) and generating a real list of names to fit the jersey numbers in the game. This file becomes available to download on the Xbox Live network. To my knowledge, EA does not release the names of players.

Either way, if Sam Keller succeeds in making sure we can't do this I will not be happy. Part of what makes the game fun is to use the real names. Who wants to play as OU, know they are playing with Sam Bradford, but have some generic name like "Jim Smith" as his name? lol

Why does Sam Keller care?

Excellence in posting sir.:p

The husker fans are saying that Keller has a cocaine habit, and that he is trying to swindle some funds.....

Back