Big 12 tourney loss a costly mark against OU’s NCAA tournament case

While I would probably agree with you, clearly Creme doesn't agree with at least your analysis.

OU defeated WV in both meetings, has a higher RPI, has a stronger SOS, and finished ahead of them in the conference. Yet Creme has WV ahead of OU in his latest bracketology.

He clearly does not believe in head to head meeting or conference standings - or anything except his bias toward the eastern part of the country.. I'm not saying you agree with him, but it shows that Creme struggles with analysis.

By his ratings of the Big-12's 3rd place teams, Creme seems to be suggesting Baylor and Texas would have finished in the bottom half of the SEC, ACC, etc. Truly DUMB.
I haven't looked at WVU's body of work because I don't consider them even on the bubble. But, Crème does have OSU in the tourney over OU. So, I think that means he agrees with my analysis as far as those two schools.

OU and OSU both finished tied for third in the conference; so, that's why I chose to compare those two. WVU finished 6th, I believe; and TCU finished 5th. Neither has an RPI worth tourney consideration.

Back