Summer pick-up game report #3

I don't think they have the field set yet which is a little worrisome. I am just hoping we can get at least one decent game out of the deal. 23 mentioned a few weeks ago that Arizona State might be involved, but I found a blog saying they are in it in 2010? So who knows...

I am also hoping we get somebody good in the all-college.

That tourney does not impress me.

That tourney does not impress me.

Really? I enjoy the atmosphere (half OU/half OSU) with the chance to play in an NBA arena. I also think it allows some OU fans that don't make it down to Norman a chance to see the team play.

We have the premier game this year, so I am hoping we get somebody formidable.

While it would be fun to travel to Alaska, really hope we don't play there unless they strengthen the tournament. The last few years have been a complete joke, it really has lost its luster. You could any of those teams at the LNC anytime of the year...huge waste of time and money.

http://www.adn.com/sports/shootout/story/459560.html

While it would be fun to travel to Alaska, really hope we don't play there unless they strengthen the tournament. The last few years have been a complete joke, it really has lost its luster. You could any of those teams at the LNC anytime of the year...huge waste of time and money.

We are definitely going to Alaska. Coach Betts mentioned it at the Caravan in Tulsa.

No you can't. Tournaments give you extra games. Which means more wins and more experience. I hope we play no matter what....

That said, I am with you in that it would be much better if there was at least a decent field up there.

We are definitely going to Alaska. Coach Betts mentioned it at the Caravan in Tulsa.

That sucks.

BigTime - OU could just host a small-school jamboree during the early part of the preseason. That effectively would be the same thing as going to Alaska...

That sucks.

BigTime - OU could just host a small-school jamboree during the early part of the preseason. That effectively would be the same thing as going to Alaska...

True. But let's wait and see who the field is before we call it a waste. ESPN at least acted like there may be some decent teams in it:

Cobb said he has five teams signed up for 2009 and four for 2010, including a few traditional powers. He hopes the Shootout's tradition and community support will keep the tournament alive for years to come.

True. But let's wait and see who the field is before we call it a waste. ESPN at least acted like there may be some decent teams in it:

Does the NCAA still have the rule where you can only play in so many preseason tournaments every few years? If so, that would be another reason I would be against going to Anchorage...you're giving up the opportunity to play in a really solid preseason tournament for the "Alaska Shootout" (I refuse to use the word "Great").

What about Kyle Hardrick?

Welcome to the board, boomerhoops!

Kyle was mentioned last update as having to take an English course before enrolling at OU. I haven't heard anything since then. Hope he comes in quickly though. We are going to need all the post depth that we can get next year.

Back