Summer Practice Report

How many three pointers will we see Tiny take this year? Will Capel give him the green light or reign him in quite a bit?

How many three pointers will we see Tiny take this year? Will Capel give him the green light or reign him in quite a bit?

My perception has been that Jeff Capel has not really reigned in many of his players. He seems to have a philosophy of take the best available shot (even if that means a lower precentage shooter is taking the higher percentage shot) rather than have the best shooters take the bulk of the shots (even if it means a slightly lower precentage shot by a high percentage shooter) (Sampson seemed to be more of this later mindset).

I don't know how many 3s we will see Tiny take but I suspect Capel will encourage him to take shots that he can consistently hit and if a 3 is one of those shots, I suspect he will have the green light.

I think the point of improvement (other than becoming more consistent) is gone for Ryan Wright. He is a 5th year senior and is what he is. He can rebound and play some tough defense, and be a 6'9'' bruiser type.

Orlando is the guy that will make improvement, if anyone.

I think this is a ridiculous statement. When did John Starks become a great player? There have been many players that blossomed after college. Jordan was a much better player in early 90s than most of the 80s. Wright has not even had the chance to play significant minutes in college basketball. He could show vast improvement just from consistent playing time. People made these same claims about Longar and he put up two very respectable years.

My perception has been that Jeff Capel has not really reigned in many of his players. He seems to have a philosophy of take the best available shot (even if that means a lower precentage shooter is taking the higher percentage shot) rather than have the best shooters take the bulk of the shots (even if it means a slightly lower precentage shot by a high percentage shooter) (Sampson seemed to be more of this later mindset).

I don't know how many 3s we will see Tiny take but I suspect Capel will encourage him to take shots that he can consistently hit and if a 3 is one of those shots, I suspect he will have the green light.

agree. Capel wasn't afraid to let Moose shoot the 3. he called a endgame play for him to do it against Purdue in Hawaii, if i recall.

Back