T-Crock is

sooneronas

Reaction score
batman_imax.jpg

The way he is rebounding I could see him playing in the NBA. How would you guys compare him to say Najera?

It's funny, tonight as I watched the game close up I wondered to myself if Crocker would be a second round draft given his newly discovered rebounding talents.

Props to Davis tonight as well for getting after the boards.

I would love to see Tony in the league, this time next year. That would be fantastic.

You just never know. I know that a lot of people would never have predicted Taylor to be on an NBA roster prior to last year.

He's got the size to play SG in the NBA. 6'6" with long arms and pretty darn good hops. He's also got pretty good lateral quickness. I think much of what held Tony back was role confusion...

If he can keep rebounding well and keep his shooting averages up, he'll definitely get a look from some teams as a second rounder/free agent.

I can see Tony as a poor man's Trevor Ariza type player.

For some reason Tayshaun Prince is a comparison that has stuck out for me recently.

I would love to see Crock in the league but I really don't see it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I could see him in the NBDL and signing 10 day contracts in the NBA - at that point who knows?

If Tony can be a Bruce Bowen type player he can stick in the NBA.

If Tony can be a Bruce Bowen type player he can stick in the NBA.

That's a good comparison. Last night, I was thinking how he reminds me of a smaller version of Rodman, based on his knack for rebounding and going after the basketball.

do you think crock will play in the nba eventually
?

I see him as a Raja Bell-type, a guard who can make his opponent miserable and hit threes from most spots on the floor, occasionally flash a quick drive into the lane, and always look to make the extra pass. He doesn't have the bulk or size to be an Ariza-type guy who's a garbage man all over the floor, but he's certainly long and quick enough to guard NBA 2s.

A year ago I never would have thought he could make the NBA really. But he's long and he's pretty athletic. He can rebound, defend, his offense is limited. But I can see him being a Tony Allen type player in the NBA.

For some reason Tayshaun Prince is a comparison that has stuck out for me recently.

Growing up in Detroit, and as a Pistons fan, I can tell you that it is a pretty damn good comparison. His wingspan doesn't seem as long as Prince's, but I think he makes up for it in size. Compare his blocks against Arizona and Centenary with almost any of Prince's blocks...there's a real similarity. Also, they both seem to have the "I won't shoot unless no one else is hitting their shots" mentality at times. It doesn't usually produce great stats, but it creates a sense of stability for the team.

He'll be a Euro star like Hollis... his overall game will translates better over there and he'll have a longer career there as well. Nothing wrong with that. Being overseas hasn't been bad for either Ace or Hollis.

Back