T.J. Taylor to OU

I'm wondering the same, because I was told by someone on the Dallas AAU scene that he was with Team Texas. I also saw on an interview that he said he was playing for Team Texas. When I watched Team Texas play, he wasn't there. Now alot of kids missed games for Proms. Also in the AAU world, kids play for two, even three teams at a time. FCA is the local AAU team for Dennison guys.

One of the articles/interviews I read today said he missed the real deal thing due to sore knees.

Welcome TJ!! And bring Cameron Clark with you!

I truly believe TJ got a take it or leave it offer. I think he decided to take it. He has mentioned playing with Clark in the future. It helps for OU to have a commit on a team with about 3 guys that you're recruiting.

Its hard to tell because this is a poor video...but i think this is a video of him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLj2I8rNBQ[/ame]

Its hard to tell because this is a poor video...but i think this is a video of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLj2I8rNBQ

LOL!!!

First of all, that had to be the worst song ever. Then the video had about 5 clips of guys shooting free throws, Then it has an inbound save. They finished it with a charge call. The topper was the picture slide show. Whoever put that together needs to get with our man Pencilfightingchamp.

Will we be the only team in the country with 2 TJs? Will they be Big TJ and Little TJ?

Guess I was wrong about no one committing until after AAU season was over. Welcome Mr. Taylor!:woot

I'm really excited about this too. One little random comment: I'm also excited that he had an offer from Marquette. They have a history of finding sleeper guards that are good scorers and tough defenders. Obviously Capel know what he wants so I'd be excited either way, but we need some more combo guards.

I'm really excited about this too. One little random comment: I'm also excited that he had an offer from Marquette. They have a history of finding sleeper guards that are good scorers and tough defenders. Obviously Capel know what he wants so I'd be excited either way, but we need some more combo guards.

Marquette is going to be in Texas as long as Buzz Williams is the coach. Buzz is very popular in texas, due to his coaching days in both Texas and Oklahoma. Buzz is also a good talent evaluator. They got a commit from Junior Caloguan, a top Texas prospect this year. Capel is a better early evaluator than Sampson. He'll look at a 8th, 9th, and 10th grader to see if they deserve an offer. Evaluating Clark and Taylor, guys on remote AAU teams was a coup.

The Relly comparison is a real good one imo. Like Everett, TJ is a lefty slasher that can really get into the lane and finish. Both play with a smooth, calm style. Both are combo guys that like to get teammates involved. If you will remember, TE was not a good three point shooter when he came to OU, but improved both years. TJ has range but has not shot the ball that consistently, so lets hope he can improve his shooting like Relly did.

The comparison stops when you look at their body types. TE was longer and thinner. TJ is built (much like TMG, WW, and David Godbold). TJ is the more accomplished defender at this stage of his career. The biggest difference is that Relly only had two years to improve at OU, while TJ will have four!

Welcome to Oklahoma, TJ Taylor!

As for his ranking, I think the top 50-75 range is pretty high. I think he will be in he Steven Pledger range (just inside the top 100). Good get, and as mentioned, may open the door with some of the other Team Texas guys.

The other thing that I really like about T.J.'s game is his ability to absorb contact and still finish (ala WW).

The Relly comparison is a real good one imo. Like Everett, TJ is a lefty slasher that can really get into the lane and finish. Both play with a smooth, calm style. Both are combo guys that like to get teammates involved. If you will remember, TE was not a good three point shooter when he came to OU, but improved both years. TJ has range but has not shot the ball that consistently, so lets hope he can improve his shooting like Relly did.

The comparison stops when you look at their body types. TE was longer and thinner. TJ is built (much like TMG, WW, and David Godbold). TJ is the more accomplished defender at this stage of his career. The biggest difference is that Relly only had two years to improve at OU, while TJ will have four!

Welcome to Oklahoma, TJ Taylor!

As for his ranking, I think the top 50-75 range is pretty high. I think he will be in he Steven Pledger range (just inside the top 100). Good get, and as mentioned, may open the door with some of the other Team Texas guys.

Ranking wise, Kundstadt has him as the second best Texas prospect. I respect Kundstadt because he sees the Texas guys multiple times and is better at judging than a guy who sees him at one tournament. I think from a perimeter shooting standpoint, there will be other guys that can step in. Also, he's not going to start his first year so perimeter shooting isn't going to be a priority right away.

Ranking wise, Kundstadt has him as the second best Texas prospect. I respect Kundstadt because he sees the Texas guys multiple times and is better at judging than a guy who sees him at one tournament. I think from a perimeter shooting standpoint, there will be other guys that can step in. Also, he's not going to start his first year so perimeter shooting isn't going to be a priority right away.

Kundstadt also had TMG over Penn, and we all saw how that worked out with Rivals and Jerry Meyer. ESPN bumped him from a 90 to a 94 today, so hopefully he will move up......

Here are his stats for this year:

All-state selection was the Offensive Player of the Year in 9-4A.

Averaged 27.1 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.6 steals per game.

He's D1 off of those free throw attempts alone

LOL!!!! The offensive foul is what sold Capel on TJ. Nothing like a player that can run over a little guy in the paint.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLj2I8rNBQ[/ame]

Video Edit Magic Trial version
Please Purchase!!!

Last edited:
Is OU hosting that AAU tourney again at the LNC? If so, it would be great if Team Texas were there to get to see Taylor, Pressey and Clark. Anyone know where the next closest AAU stop for Team Texas is? Any big tournaments in Dallas?

Back