T.J. Taylor to OU

ouboomer

Reaction score
According to Scout.com......Capel lands another good one.....

T.J. Taylor Commits?

The scout page said he picks a big 12 school.

Is it OU?

Re: T.J. Taylor Commits?

Damn saw the other post right after I clicked post here.

Re: T.J. Taylor Commits?

thats alrigh i can delete mine no big deal

He is on the rivals page as well.

WELCOME TO OU, TJ TAYLOR!

Yep, looks legit. Scout has a quote from him. Nice get. Here are a few quotes about his game:

Scout's Dave Telep: We’ve heard the name in recruiting circles, but hadn’t gotten to lay eyes on him until today, and after our first viewing we were certainly impressed. Taylor stands 6-foot-3 and has an impressively built frame that he uses to his advantage, as he’ll often times take smaller guards into the post and score over them. The talented lefty also showed an ability to run the team, which he did for majority of his time on the floor, and score off the ball. High majors take note as he’s a guy that is and will continue to be recruited at a high level.

AAU Coach Jason Ross: "He has great size, incredible court vision and deep three-point range," said Ross. "Those are the three things that set him apart. He is a true combo guard, but at the next level his size makes it more likely that he'll defend the two guard."

T.J Taylor on his game: "Laid back. I am a slasher. I love to get to the rim. I would like to play point guard because I really enjoy getting my teammates' shots. I can either run the point or play on the wing".

Can someone who has seen him play fill us in on TJ's game?

Is this a guy that hasn't been evaluated yet by Rivals/Scouts... would that explain his *** status?

T.J Taylor on his game: "Laid back."

With his mind on his money and his money on his mind.

"Laid back. I am a slasher. I love to get to the rim. I would like to play point guard because I really enjoy getting my teammates' shots. I can either run the point or play on the wing".

Love these types.

Great news. And this also helps us with Cameron Clark. They are very good friends, even though their schools are rivals, and have talked about going to the same school.

So judging by his ability as a slasher and a combo guard is he similar to a Terrel Everett type player? Or if he puts on some weight could he even become a Nolan Johnson like?

Scout's Evan Daniels on Taylor: A 6-foot-3, 195-pound combo guard, Taylor is equipped with a strong frame, an impressive mid-range game and a unique passing ability. He averaged 26 points per game throughout his junior season.

TexasHoops.com on Taylor: Smooth lefty, excellent passer off the dribble, streaky 3 point shooter, strong body, unselfish, can get into the lane with strength and speed, dives for loose balls, sees the floor well.

I keep hearing good things about him, anyone know why he appears to be underrated on the national scene? Hopefully he will have a great summer and boost his ranking quite a bit. Good way to start off the 2010 class!

I keep hearing good things about him, anyone know why he appears to be underrated on the national scene? Hopefully he will have a great summer and boost his ranking quite a bit. Good way to start off the 2010 class!

Just a guess on my part but I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he's from Denision, Texas instead of Dallas or Houston and he doesn't play for 'Team Texas'.

This great news. A lot of the guys who follow recruiting closely on this site have said he was a lean to OU, but it is good to get the first commitment for 2010. I agree with Sooner23 that this can't hurt with Clark's recruitment.

Eric Bossi, the KU hoops recruiting guru who I guess is also posting now on the Sooners Illustrated site, says looks for Taylor to jump into at least the top 75 nationally and possibly top 50 this summer after he gets seen a little bit more.

Back