Taylor Griffin

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
Suited up for the Suns last night!!!!! The Suns really think he can become a physical small forward in the league. It is a big transition for Taylor but we all know he has the athletic ability and work ethic to get it done.

30 NBA teams only suit up 12 guys per team. So Taylor is 1 of only 360 guys in the world wearing that uniform.

Heck of an accomplishment. Steve Kerr has said many times that Taylor Griffin is the type of guy the Suns want on their team. Hard working high character guy.

DNP - but he gets to cash a nice paycheck here in a couple of weeks.

There is a lot I don't know about the NBA. He is on the 15 man roster but is one of 3 that don't suit up on a regular basis. Does he not get paid unless he is one of the 12?

Everyone on the roster is getting paid - like someone noted earlier the NBA teams can carry up to 15 players on their roster but only 12 suit up.

Taylor's salary is in the 450,000 range and as long as he's on the roster (even if he is sent to the D League) he will be drawing it.

$450,000.00 per year to play in the NBA.

I still remember the Faith 7 game in Shawnee where he won the dunk contest; I even more specifically remember some oSu poster named "Indy" who also claimed to be there and said his body was not "D-1 ready" as compared to the various oSu recruits that were also playing. I'm still scratching my head over that call...almost as much as the guy, I think his name was "Dally" or something that cliamed to have seen Blake several times as a Sr. in HS at OCS and said he was, at best, 6'7". Now both of them are now collecting paychecks in the NBA....and who from that oSu "greatest recruiting class of all time" is?

...and who from that oSu "greatest recruiting class of all time" is?

Gerald Green?

In all fairness Tony Allen and Joey Graham are in the NBA. I'm not sure if either of them were in that class though.

Gerald Green?

In all fairness Tony Allen and Joey Graham are in the NBA. I'm not sure if either of them were in that class though.

I think Green is still in the league somewhere. Allen is hurt but making some money. Where is Graham at now?

30 NBA teams only suit up 12 guys per team. So Taylor is 1 of only 360 guys in the world wearing that uniform.

Heck of an accomplishment.

When you consider the odds of making it to the NBA it is amazing that two brothers from OKlahoma made it. There are billions of peoplel in the world and basketball is played around the globe.

I think it is great that Taylor Griffin is getting a chance.

taylor about to come in and log some garbage time minutes.

He played just under 8 and a half minutes and was 1 for 2 from the field and 1 rebound.

I have a hard time including Gerald Green in that recruiting class becuase everybody knew that he was going pro...no matter what.

Props to Taylor, of all of the ballyhood recruits participating in that Faith 7 game and being discussed for both schools [AJ was in that class too]; the three-star guy that Saint Eddie "didn't have room for" was the only one that worked his way into the NBA.

TG is most definitely getting paid! He is still on the Ochocinco diet though! lol

Back