Team Texas @ Sooner Cager

rbi2

Reaction score
Phil Pressey starts out 1st 8 points of game. 3, floater and another 3. Then he gives assists to Cam Clark and OU Commit TJ Taylor. This team is pretty impressive. Competition isn't too great right now.

Yeah. TJ Taylor is a nice sized kid.He had a nice putback dunk and a two handed finish on the break. TJ has a nice game.

Man Team Texas is good. TJ, Cam and Phil would all be really good in Crimson and Cream. It would be really good if we could get some OU Fans out there tomorrow at the Lloyd Noble Center and get some support. I will be there.

They play this morning at 9 at Norman High. Semifinals will be at 11:30, most likely against Dallas Mustangs, and then the finals are at 2:15, both at LNC Practice Gyms.

I went and saw Team Texas play this morning. First off, TJ Taylor is really good. He reminds me of Keith Langford from KU. Both are lefties that rely on driving to the basket. TJ might be a little bigger than Langford was. TJ is going to be a really good player at OU.

I really, really like the Pressey kid. Very quick, can really shoot it, and really involved his teammates. Twice in the first half, he made the extra pass to lead to a teammate's dunk. Physically, he's similar to John Lucas from OSU.

Cameron Clark's best years of basketball are ahead of him. He has a game similar to Josh Howard. He doesn't have a very good jumper right now, and gets very little rotation on his shots, but possesses unbelievable athleticism and can really finish around the goal well.

Nice report, stevent. Thanks!

Glad to hear OU got a good one in T. J. Aside from taking the ball to the hole, did you identify any other strengths or weaknesses? Can he shoot from the perimeter or does he have a short range game? How about his defense?

TJ Taylor is really good. I like the langford comparison. He shoots pretty good. A couple weaknesses I seen was he don't shoot FT's real well and he got tired real quick. He was the first starter to come out in both games I seen.
That #2 from Dallas Mustangs was extremely good. Whoever that kid was is a player. He was 2nd best player on the court behind Cam Clark.

Pressey and Clark are really good. In the middle of the 1st half Cam Clark went to work and scored about 10 straight. Clark is a beast and he has nice all around game. Mid-Range, getting to the bucket and even shooting from deep, he can do it all. And his defense was good too.

Reel them in Capel. Willie was on Team Texas and TJ plays with them. Let's hope that gets them to Norman.

I think the reason TJ got so tired, was that he plays the game extremely hard. Alot of times, AAU basketball possesses little to no defense, but TJ definitely gets after it on the defensive end. One possession he missed a floater, then picked up his man off the rebound, stole the ball and got the hoop plus the foul. He had a nice step back jumper earlier in the game, that went in and out.

TJ Taylor is really good. I like the langford comparison. He shoots pretty good. A couple weaknesses I seen was he don't shoot FT's real well and he got tired real quick. He was the first starter to come out in both games I seen.
That #2 from Dallas Mustangs was extremely good. Whoever that kid was is a player. He was 2nd best player on the court behind Cam Clark.

Pressey and Clark are really good. In the middle of the 1st half Cam Clark went to work and scored about 10 straight. Clark is a beast and he has nice all around game. Mid-Range, getting to the bucket and even shooting from deep, he can do it all. And his defense was good too.

Reel them in Capel. Willie was on Team Texas and TJ plays with them. Let's hope that gets them to Norman.

Was #2 Cameron size or was he a guard. Desean Miles, and LeBryan Nash are with the Mustangs. They both are top 50 players for 2011.

He was a bit bigger than Cam Clark in height and in weight. If he is a sophomore about to be a junior then OMG! we better be on that kid. Looks like LeBron did as a sophomore in HS if not a bit bigger. He has a real nice inside/outside game too. He went baseline and threw down a nice dunk and got a breakaway and threw down a nice reverse.

Cam Clark might of had the dunk of the tournament though. He came down the lane on a missed shot and jumped over about two Mustangs and one of his guys and was way above the rim and threw it down one handed.

I wish I could of stayed for the finals but it being Mother's Day and all it was a bad time. Anyone know who ended up winning?

Looking at Rivals, #2 was LeBryan Nash. This kid is a player. I'm glad to see that Oklahoma is already in on him. He has us listed on his Rivals page.

Last edited:
I went and saw Team Texas play this morning. First off, TJ Taylor is really good. He reminds me of Keith Langford from KU. Both are lefties that rely on driving to the basket. TJ might be a little bigger than Langford was. TJ is going to be a really good player at OU.

I really, really like the Pressey kid. Very quick, can really shoot it, and really involved his teammates. Twice in the first half, he made the extra pass to lead to a teammate's dunk. Physically, he's similar to John Lucas from OSU.

Cameron Clark's best years of basketball are ahead of him. He has a game similar to Josh Howard. He doesn't have a very good jumper right now, and gets very little rotation on his shots, but possesses unbelievable athleticism and can really finish around the goal well.

Worst analysis ever.

;)

He was a bit bigger than Cam Clark in height and in weight. If he is a sophomore about to be a junior then OMG! we better be on that kid. Looks like LeBron did as a sophomore in HS if not a bit bigger. He has a real nice inside/outside game too. He went baseline and threw down a nice dunk and got a breakaway and threw down a nice reverse.

Cam Clark might of had the dunk of the tournament though. He came down the lane on a missed shot and jumped over about two Mustangs and one of his guys and was way above the rim and threw it down one handed.

I wish I could of stayed for the finals but it being Mother's Day and all it was a bad time. Anyone know who ended up winning?

Looking at Rivals, #2 was LeBryan Nash. This kid is a player. I'm glad to see that Oklahoma is already in on him. He has us listed on his Rivals page.

Nash may be the best prospect in all of High School basketball. He went to an individual camp out west and outperformed everybody.

LeBryan Nash is Byron Eaton's little brother. OSU is currently at the top of his list, followed by Baylor and Georgetown.

LeBryan Nash is Byron Eaton's little brother. OSU is currently at the top of his list, followed by Baylor and Georgetown.

He doesn't have OU on his radar? That certainly is disappointing, especially due to the fact that he has camped at OU for two years. I doubt OU coaches will be reserve to the fact that he's an OSU players brother. They haven't in the past, and the OU staff can flat out recruit. If ties were that strong, he would be a commit by now. And fact is the guy will be recruited by all of the top dogs from UK, KU, to UNC.

Last edited:
Nash may be the best prospect in all of High School basketball. He went to an individual camp out west and outperformed everybody.

There are quite a few guys who would argue against this. Notably Harrison Barnes, Tony Wroten, and Michael Gilchrist.

There are quite a few guys who would argue against this. Notably Harrison Barnes, Tony Wroten, and Michael Gilchrist.

That's why I said may. And notably, alot of those guys are closer to the finished product than Nash. Nash may end up being a 6'8 guy that can play inside and outside. I like Harrison Barnes alot. I think Harrison Barnes can come into the big12 and be All Conference at 3 different positions. I think Brandon Knight may have a faster impact than any prep guy. His game is very similar to Derrick Rose and John Wall, but a better shooter. But on potential I think Nash is right up their with him. Others think Perry Ellis is that good too. Some say Sullinger, the tOSU recruit. Cothron is a step behind those guys to me. I haven't seen Wroten Gilchrist, Ellis, or Barton play so I can't offer an opinion. I do know that Josh Smith shouln't be in the discussion.

That's why I said may. And notably, alot of those guys are closer to the finished product than Nash. Nash may end up being a 6'8 guy that can play inside and outside. I like Harrison Barnes alot. I think Harrison Barnes can come into the big12 and be All Conference at 3 different positions. I think Brandon Knight may have a faster impact than any prep guy. His game is very similar to Derrick Rose and John Wall, but a better shooter. But on potential I think Nash is right up their with him. Others think Perry Ellis is that good too. Some say Sullinger, the tOSU recruit. Cothron is a step behind those guys to me. I haven't seen Wroten Gilchrist, Ellis, or Barton play so I can't offer an opinion. I do know that Josh Smith shouln't be in the discussion.

A lot have said that Gilchrist is the top prospect regardless of class and some have said the same about Wroten.

Back