Terrence Ross says OU is on his list

If it makes Jones more comfortable with Ross being here, we take him. It may also encourage Jones to come if Tiny hangs around. For one, they're friends. For two, Jones would be happier to see big bodies here so he won't forced to bang underneath. He's not a four and he'll pick the school who can convince him they'll have sufficient numbers underneath so he won't be mis-used.

Either Ricardo or Aziz or someone else will need to be in place possibly along with Tiny to calm Jones' fears. As far as Ross, if he can play Div 1 we use him. I don't expect WW to be here but this year's lessons shows us you never know what to expect. If Ross comes I expect both Ray and Orlando to bolt.

I just don't think we are getting either Terrence Jones or Terrence Ross. I do think if we pushed we could get Poland and Goff.

I just don't think we are getting either Terrence Jones or Terrence Ross. I do think if we pushed we could get Poland and Goff.

We don't have to push to get those two. They're backup plans. If things fall apart with other recruits those are the fallback guys.

We don't have to push to get those two. They're backup plans. If things fall apart with other recruits those are the fallback guys.

I hope we have a few transfer so we can get the backup plans too!

I hope we have a few transfer so we can get the backup plans too!

We have 6 scholarships to give with two taken (unless WW returns). I don't really think OU needs any transfers. We need some consistency on the roster.

Given that Hardrick has not seen anytime and has zero experience, I would not really care if he transferred but I am also fine with him staying on the team. He was given a scholarship and OU should honor it unless he breaks the rules on or off the court. I don't want Allen or Willis to transfer. Their experience as practice players is worth something.

We have 6 scholarships to give with two taken (unless WW returns). I don't really think OU needs any transfers. We need some consistency on the roster.

Given that Hardrick has not seen anytime and has zero experience, I would not really care if he transferred but I am also fine with him staying on the team. He was given a scholarship and OU should honor it unless he breaks the rules on or off the court. I don't want Allen or Willis to transfer. Their experience as practice players is worth something.

Denver, I must be missing something...check my numbers below and let me know what I am doing wrong not to come up with the total 6 schollies that will be available

NCAA allows 13 schollies:
1) Wright
2) Crocker
3) Gerber
4) Warren
5) Scholarship that was never taken this year – only have 12 schollies on roster
Already taken:
1) Tj taylor
2) Cameron clark
Leaves 3 schollies with warren leaving

Gerber is a senior and only has a scholarship because OU did not use all of its scholarships. WW is presumably going pro. Crocker and Wright are done.

right, by my count we have 1 scholly not taken...4 people leaving or going pro...thats 5 open spots with two taken is it not?

Next year, that we know for sure:

1. TMG
2. Willie
3. Davis
4. Fitz
5. Tiny
6. Pledger
7. Allen
8. Willis
9. Cam
10. TJ
11. Hardrick

And there are rumors of Honore getting a scholarship. So, unless Willie leaves, or we have transfers, we only have 2 'ships available, most likely.

I guess I have been miscounting all year. I had it in my head OU was three players short this season and losing Crocker, Right and WW.

I don't think Gerber is allowed to have a schollie. From what I remember, he was a National Merit Finalist, which used to mean that OU paid for your schooling unless that has changed since I was one. I believe one of the stipulations of accepting that scholarship is that you can't accept another OU awarded scholarship. You can still get OOS and national scholarships, but I don't think you can accept one from OU. Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I see that Soonersports.com has him listed as being on schollie, but I just don't understand giving a guy a schollie if his classes are already being paid for. Maybe he never really was a NMF, but when he walked-on I thought they said he was.

Last edited:
I don't think Gerber is allowed to have a schollie. From what I remember, he was a National Merit Finalist, which used to mean that OU paid for your schooling unless that has changed since I was one. I believe one of the stipulations of accepting that scholarship is that you can't accept another OU awarded scholarship. You can still get OOS and national scholarships, but I don't think you can accept one from OU. Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Per his Soonersports profile
Joined the program as a walk-on but is now on scholarship
Not sure about the national merit impact but he is on scholarship now.

Back