Terry Stotts...

You are so right about Capel not knowing X's and O's but please explain how he won 175 games in 9 years as a D-1 headcoach......luck?
Is 19 wins a year really all that good? And he also had 1 30 win season with Blake Griffin and another 23 win season. Take away his best player that's 17 wins a season over 7 seasons.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

My dream team would be:

Stotts Head Coach

Terry Evans,Jeff Webster,Bo Overton,Kellen Sampson as assistants

Interesting idea. I like the idea of bringing him in as a coach, since I bet he could get Evans to come be an assistant. I'm more and more liking the idea of staying within the OU family, IF we can't get a fairly big name.

I met Terry at a pre-draft camp about 8 years ago, seems like a bright guy with a lot of energy and passion for the game.

Last edited:
Interesting idea. I like the idea of bringing him in as a coach, since I bet he could get Evans to come be an assistant. I'm more and more liking the idea of staying within the OU family, IF we can't get a fairly big name.

I'm going to post this until I am blue in the face, but the next coach needs to draw a 300 mile circle around the University of Oklahoma, and recruit that area as hard as hell both at the HS level and JUCO. I'd also add Houston and San Antonio, but seriously whoever we get needs to be a stud in that 300 mile area. I know, Hollis wasn't from that area, but still, if we can get good again then I'm sure we can expand that circle to 600 miles or something.

While it was neat at the time, hearing about Capel watching Harrison Barnes work-out was neat, but IMHO a big reason for the attrition within the program is that we were going after guys too far away. With the shear numbers of players in North Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas JUCO's, Oklahoma and Texas JUCO's, you can absolutely field a competitive team, even when you are competing with other regional programs for those guys. Look at the talent at Baylor...that could easily be us.

To me, that means BCG, Buzz, Stotts [with the right staff], Evans or the dude at UNT should be the direction we look at first and hardest. Some guy with east coast ties or west coast ties will be a mistake. Now Sampson did it, so I'm not going to say it can't be done, I think we'd all agree that the above is a sound philosophy. Maybe the exception would be Pastner but even he'd be recruiting the crap out of Houston and Dallas.

Back