Texas/Iowa State

stormspencer

Reaction score
This is a pretty important game in the Big 12 with regards to 2nd and 3rd place. Minus their hiccup at K-State, Texas has really been playing well the last 3 weeks. I just want to see how they fare in their 3rd "hostile environment" game (after osu and ksu).

ISU is alot like OU right now. They have been struggling in trying to regain their rhythm in a couple of facets. They got blown out at WV and then squeaked by Tech this past week. I do expect them to play better tonight as they seem to play better in the bigger games. Hilton will certainly be a big advantage for them.

An ISU win helps OU in the conference race....so let's hope that happens. If we defeat Texas in a few weeks and finish tied with ISU, then we will own the tiebreaker with the Cyclones. Having said that, I think Texas may be too much on the defensive end for ISU. If Texas hits some outside shots and their big boys can control the boards, then I think they win up there. But I've been wrong before. Any thoughts on the game that I'm missing?

I'll be pulling hard for ISU for the reasons you mentioned. I also like Hoiberg. Barnes is too much of a whiner.

Besides, I would feel dirty cheering for a team dressed in orange.

I think ISU will win but this game is a chance for Texas to convince me they are legitimate. Texas has lost at OSU and KSU. They have not yet traveled to Norman, Ames, Lawrence or Lubbock. I think there is still a lot of basketball left.

ISU playing really spirited on defense thus far. They are packing the lane and still getting out to Texas shooters to contest. I'm not sure that they can keep that up all game, but we will see. Both teams' FG shooting % are horrid. making it a sloppy game.

Hoiberg's daughter...wow....if she was only 20 years older.:D

ISU up 9 at half. Texas looking fairly disorganized on the road. Hope they play that way when they come to Norman.

Texas hanging tough....and they are getting absolutely nothing from Ridley. If they can get a little more scoring from the inside, this will go down to the wire.

Texas goes to KU on Saturday. OU plays KSU and ISU goes to TCU.

ISU likely wins. I think OU will beat KSU and KU Will beat Texas. If that happens the Big XII will have a three way tie for second place.

Back