The Blake Griffin Extravaganza >>> Clips Nation

I am really excited about being able to follow beast once he reaches the NBA. It is a fun time to be an OU hoops fan! :dance005:

This guy is indicative of fans. All he saw was Blake missing shots and 80% of his blog entry was about what Blake could not do.

Is that not what fans are all about ? They always center in on the negative. Its almost as if they need to have something to worry about.

Its universal and 98% of fans don't realize they do that.

Who needs to shoot from the outside when 90% of his opponents won't be able to keep him from getting to the rim????? Fact of the matter is he can get to the rim at will. Even if a guy is sagging off him all he'll do is back him down like the Great Sir Charles Barkley used to do. With Griffin though, he has the ability to not only back you down in the post from anywhere on the court but in the process dribble PAST YOU and finish on the other side of the rim. A guy 6-9/6-10 just should not have the type of handles Blake possesses. Most guys his size have to have a nice jumpshot but only because they can't handle the ball well enough in traffic or at all as a result of their massive 6-10 body's. MOST guys that is... not Blake Griffin.

That's how I see it. No homerism just fact. The guy is a GREAT(well above average) ball handler and you hardly ever see that out of a guy with a 6-10 frame. Standard rules do not apply. Blake Griffin will not need a consistent jump shot in the NBA to be an All-Star. Would it help? About as much as it helped Michael Jordan IMO. Same thing there... he dominated before he found a jump shot and then dominated on even a HIGHER level AFTER he found a jump shot. Either way he still dominated.

Last edited:
This guy is indicative of fans. All he saw was Blake missing shots and 80% of his blog entry was about what Blake could not do.

Is that not what fans are all about ? They always center in on the negative. Its almost as if they need to have something to worry about.

Its universal and 98% of fans don't realize they do that.

His shooting was very bad, that was a VERY basic workout and i was very very surprised at his inconsistency...

If he wants to eliminate all of the negative talk about his shooting that is up to him to make shots, and if you cant do it in that type of workout you arent going to do it consistently in games at that level....

He is so much better than most players physically and athletically that he can make up for his lack of shooting (aka Kenyon Martin) but he will never be a dominant player at that level if he doesnt develop that part of his game....

The tools are obviously there and he is young...he improved so much from his freshman to his sophomore season i dont doubt for a minute he will continue to get better...i love his work ethic and ego...

Maybe Blake was sandbagging so he'd drop a few spots.

Back