The challenge to Willie Warren Thread

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Hopefully this will find its way to where he can see it.

Willie,

This team needs you to step up and walk the walk. You have an amazing talent, and have shown flashes of being the player that many of us thought you could/would be this year. Earn back the respect of your teammates and the fans by getting after it on defense and putting forth effort the entire time you are on the floor.

Let's see you get that swagger back! It is not too late to turn around this team and this season.

I am pulling for you.

-bt

he's not the only one that needs some encouragement, we need everyone to step it up on def, plus we need some work on our post game on off, i thought we did a great job with longar on his post play, but we need some more off. production down low out of r. wright and o. allen.

Willie,

I know that you are probably pretty frustrated with how this season has gone thus far. So are we. As bad as it has been, we can take a huge step toward turning this season around with a win in Washington on NYE. We can't make that happen without you. We need you to set the example not only on offense but on defense as well. This team desperately needs you to show them the way, and our ceiling is so much higher when you are playing your best. So have a great week of practice and come out breathing fire next Thursday night. You will be playing on a big stage, which is the perfec time for you to shine.

Cmon Willie do your thing and bring it! Capel always said you had the potential to be a great defender! Show everyone you are the Leader of the pack and set the tone for the youngsters!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Willie,
I will be at every home game cheering for you just like I did at every game last year. Most of us on this board will be rooting our guts out. Don't forget that when you are playing. You never know what could happen......every game could be your last.

Make it count. If this is your last year as a Sooner, leave with a bang!

Good Luck, and tear it up in Big 12 play.

Willie I know there have been struggles and this season has been rough but there is still a lot of time left for you to tear it up. Lets go WW!

Willie,

I know you're frustrated with how the year has been going so far, but there are still a lot of games to be played. Don't worry about getting your 25 points a game, you have the talent to score at will when you put your mind to it.
The more you are locked in during a game the more confident the rest of the team is, especially on the defensive end.
I encourage you to get locked in and stay that way for the rest of the year to fuel the fire in you and your teammates.
I will be in the stands cheering you and the team on as hard as I can.
Boomer Sooner!

Willie,

You da man.... You got the stuff to be a great player/leader. Now lets see you bring it!

Willie, since you arrived you have been every bit the scorer that you were billed in high school. But there is a lot more to success than just being able to hit jump shots and driving the lane. This is most likely your last year in college and it would be mutually beneficial for both the basketball team and yourself if you played with a little more urgency and competitiveness. I won't pretend to know or try to diagnose your deficiencies and offer any remedies for those problems, but this team is at a crossroads and needs your guidance to take the right path.

You are a supreme talent. Please utilize that talent to the fullest.

Is this being forwarded to Willie or something? Airing in the next episode of the Capleables?

Willie,

I and all of the sooner nation have seen that you have the ability to be one of the best players in the nation. We've all seen you take over games and you are a special talent. You are good an you know you are good which is why it is hard for us to see Willie getting down on Willie. It is obvious that you get frustrated with yourself at times and it can affect your play. The Willie we like seeing on the court is the man who is hustling and having a good time. So, when your shot isn't falling or when things aren't going your way, be confident and focus on the things you can control. That means practicing as hard as you can, stepping into a charge when a teammate gets beat on defense, or taking that hard foul for the team. You have to set the bar so high for yourself that your teammates can't help, but elevate their play to keep up. 19 pts, 3 reb, 5 assits, and a steal per game is a special season for most players and you should never feel bad about your ability. The one thing that can take your game to the next level is to never let Willie Warren beat Willie Warren because from what I have seen the only person capable of containing you is yourself. Achieve excellence every game and every practice and you will be this teams undisputed leader.

Last edited:
Wow, really? an open letter to motivate Willie?

I'm sure this will be just the thing needed to get him to focus...

dude! Haven't you ever been a FAN of a team or someone!?
What kind of question is that?

I think his point is Willie isn't going to play harder defense because some message board posters made a thread speaking directly to him. If Capel can't get him to play defense, I doubt randoms will.

You guys can doubt all you want. I like this thread. My contribution would be: Willie we need you to take leadership of this team. You are the one that can lead by example with simply just caring about offense and defense. Bud this may be your last year in college. When you look back after this year I'm sure you will be at peace knowing that you played the WW way and led this team to the tourney. Don't get so down on yourself because every little thing doesn't go your way. You can control some things but not others. We have seen you control a game by playing hard, with great emotion, and having fun. WW this is the turning point. LET'S GET IT TURNED AROUND! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Wow, really? an open letter to motivate Willie?

I'm sure this will be just the thing needed to get him to focus...

Why do you care? Just don't post in the thread if you don't want to participate. Its not intended to be "just the thing needed to get him to focus". It is intended to show him some support.

Sheesh.

Willie,

We love you and know what caliber of player you are. We know it's been a struggle this season but we can sure as hell turn it around. Play hard-nosed D, distribute to your teammates, and fill it up when you are hot. Most importantly, be an example and a leader to your teammates. We love you man, let's go out against Gonzaga and do work.

L4B12

Why do you care? Just don't post in the thread if you don't want to participate. Its not intended to be "just the thing needed to get him to focus". It is intended to show him some support.

Sheesh.

It has nothing to do with support...the thread title explains it all...

you are challenging a player to play harder and work harder...in something you or i know nothing about...telling him he needs to earn the respect of his teammates back??

it is laughable...

Nothing wrong with supporting these guys, and if you dont like him or think he isnt playing hard it is perfectly fine to criticize...and we can all make a challenge to someone, but the open letter is a little much dont you think?

If the coaches and players cant get his best effort, do you think us challenging him to do so will help?

makes for a good thread of people telling him what they think he should do i guess...

Back