The great Sooner Stampede of 2009

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Thanks to all the Sooner fans that moved down at the 15 minute mark. We tried to get the word out to you, and you responded in a big way. It really helped the team at the end of the first half, and might have kept a Stephen F Austin part Deux from occurring today.

Thanks again! :)

Thank you to those that went around to let everyone know before and during the game. You would be surprised how many people do not know about this "unknown rule"....

Great job, and keep it up!

Thanks to all the Sooner fans that moved down at the 15 minute mark. We tried to get the word out to you, and you responded in a big way. It really helped the team at the end of the first half, and might have kept a Stephen F Austin part Deux from occurring today.

Thanks again! :)

Was it that obvious today?

Wish I had more disposable cash to make it to the games.

I still haven't been to a Thunder game, and I want to go to that before I attend more OU games.

This is the second game in a row I have moved down to the huge vacant spot that is usually there just behind the OU bench. This time I did notice a whole lot more people doing the same and hopefully it didn't look that bad on TV after we all moved down. Great seats btw...

The thing that disappoints me more than anything else about OU basketball is the lack of support from the students and community. I understand that the students have left for Christmas break but the community has NO reason not to be there. I was wondering today if they closed the doors after four or five thousand people show up because there were a lot of empty seats, doesn't look good for our program.

Maybe after the new year people will put there butts in the seats, I wished I live closer but 500 miles is a long way to go for a game.:OU-logo:

The thing that disappoints me more than anything else about OU basketball is the lack of support from the students and community. I understand that the students have left for Christmas break but the community has NO reason not to be there. I was wondering today if they closed the doors after four or five thousand people show up because there were a lot of empty seats, doesn't look good for our program.

Maybe after the new year people will put there butts in the seats, I wished I live closer but 500 miles is a long way to go for a game.:OU-logo:

What do you mean lack of support from the students? The student section, over the past two years, is better than it has been in quite a while. I'm not sure that is the best that it has been, this decade... However, the percentage of student seats taken up by students has been amazing the past two years. Not only that, but they tend to get into the games as well. Granted, there is still some work that needs to be done to better organize the student section, but I believe the right steps are being taken.

This!

You couldn't be more wrong.

The students always fill their section, save the unc game, and the are always on their feet and make a lot of noise.

Keep it up student body.

Was it that obvious today?

Wish I had more disposable cash to make it to the games.

I still haven't been to a Thunder game, and I want to go to that before I attend more OU games.

Did that just happen?

The students always fill their section, save the unc game, and the are always on their feet and make a lot of noise.

Keep it up student body.

prices,

Thanks for kind words, but we still have a ways to go. I am very proud of our students for stepping up the support during the last 3 years.

The Maryland Easternshore game will be very low on students, but after that, I expect the student body to be rockin for the conference season. We have gotten a lot of support from Marketing and the coaching staff. It really helps to fuel guys like myself to try and do my best to get folks there and get them loud.

Shooter,

I love the college game way more than the pros, so I hear ya on the guy that says he would rather see a Thunder game. I guess it is just a personal preference.

If you want to watch actual basketball then the college game is as good as it gets.

This is the second game in a row I have moved down to the huge vacant spot that is usually there just behind the OU bench. This time I did notice a whole lot more people doing the same and hopefully it didn't look that bad on TV after we all moved down. Great seats btw...

That's where I was.

Back