The guard that got away from OU >>> The Oklahoman

I remember being at an OU caravan and hearing Mark Cline all but say Clarke would be a sooner. I figured it was true because of his relationship with WW. The last month of July their relationship really took a nosedive. These guys spent the night at each others house and were as close as can be.

That story pretty much confirms what some of us heard back then, that OU had a choice between Warren or Clarke. I would love to have Rotnei on this team. But I would still take Willie and not think twice about it. No need to look back with regrets now anyway.

What if OU had a sharpshooter like him? Come on, Jenny. We have a sharpshooter like him, and its not what we need to win. Ark is struggling because they don't play D, as are we.

What was the point of the article? What purpose did it serve?

Rather have Clark, he'll be around four years and not be tell everyone he see how he is ready for the NBA. Scores, but is a team player. What a loss.

Rather have Clark, he'll be around four years and not be tell everyone he see how he is ready for the NBA. Scores, but is a team player. What a loss.

I think that Steve Pledger fits the bill for Oklahoma. Its early, but right now I would rather have Pledge.

Yeah, Clarke wouldn't solve OU's defensive struggles and you got a guy who shoots it almost as well who is bigger, stronger, and faster. Sounds like OU got the better end ultimately.

I think that Steve Pledger fits the bill for Oklahoma. Its early, but right now I would rather have Pledge.

Pledge is not going to need touches like Clarke or Page. He'll take advantage of his opportunities and has the potential to be a guy that can take it to the cup.

Anyone debating between Warren and Clarke should wake up.

Anyone debating between Warren and Clarke should wake up.

I don't think you can say that without a doubt until we see what WW does this year. IF.....and this is a big if.....he doesn't do any better than he has been, and keeps his attitude before bolting to the NBA, I'm sorry, but 4 years of Clarke PROBABLY would have been more valuable for OU.

That said, I expect WW to get right in the upcoming weeks.

I don't think you can say that without a doubt until we see what WW does this year. IF.....and this is a big if.....he doesn't do any better than he has been, and keeps his attitude before bolting to the NBA, I'm sorry, but 4 years of Clarke PROBABLY would have been more valuable for OU.

No Warren probably means no TMG and no Tiny. Its a big cause and effect thing. 4 years of TMG and 3 years (most likely) of Tiny are a really big deal to this program.

I know it is still too early to tell, but I really think this recruiting class is going to bring this program a lot of success. It might not be this year, but the future looks bright. Willie Warren is a big reason why this class occurred.

so willies averages 20 and 6 all year and that is not good enough for you ..

give me a break

No Warren probably means no TMG and no Tiny. Its a big cause and effect thing. 4 years of TMG and 3 years (most likely) of Tiny are a really big deal to this program.

I know it is still too early to tell, but I really think this recruiting class is going to bring this program a lot of success. It might not be this year, but the future looks bright. Willie Warren is a big reason why this class occurred.

Fair enough, but maybe we land two other good baskeball players, while keeping Fitz and Pledger. No way anybody knows how that would have played out.

Stats don't always tell the entire story.

Sorry you don't "get" that.
So what does tell the story on Willie vs Rotni and who is more valuable.?
While I agree Wilie's 20-6 stat line or whatever it is now isn't the best way to judge Willie based on how this season has played out so far not sure how Rotni this season would be a step above Willie. Rotni doesn't strike me as a mature leader so the leadership issue isn't solved on this team. Nor is Rotni some top notch defender either. Really seems hard to justify Rotni over Willie at this point.

Fair enough, but maybe we land two other good baskeball players, while keeping Fitz and Pledger. No way anybody knows how that would have played out.

That's true. But we do know the difference between a high NBA first rounder and a guy who may never see a NBA uniform.

I wouldn't trade Willie Warren for a dozen Rotnei Clarkes. Clarke is a great shooter, but WW is a great player who can score in a variety of ways. As I said before, I would love to have Rotnei on this team. But not at the expense of losing Willie.

That's true. But we do know the difference between a high NBA first rounder and a guy who may never see a NBA uniform.

I wouldn't trade Willie Warren for a dozen Rotnei Clarkes. Clarke is a great shooter, but WW is a great player who can score in a variety of ways. As I said before, I would love to have Rotnei on this team. But not at the expense of losing Willie.
Adasooner, I agree with you with this one disclaimer. I would take a Willie Warren with a good attitude than a dozen Rotnei Clarkes. But, I would take one Rotnei Clarke over a dozen Willie Warrens with bad attitudes.

Adasooner, I agree with you with this one disclaimer. I would take a Willie Warren with a good attitude than a dozen Rotnei Clarkes. But, I would take one Rotnei Clarke over a dozen Willie Warrens with bad attitudes.

Good point, Norm, and one that I agree with. But I choose not to judge Willie's worth to the team on two or three ill-advised incidents over the past two years that didn't amount to much on the whole. Now, if they continue to the point of becoming a distraction to a young team that needs his leadership, I might be willing to change my mind about him.

That's what I was wondering; if we had Rotnei instead of Willie right now, I don't think we have 3 McDAA's.

Back