The NCAA talk can finally cease

seniorsooner

Reaction score
The math just doesn't work now to get to 10-6. We would have to win out at home AND win at Colorado, at OSU, and then either at Kansas or at Texas. Ain't happenin, folks. So we can now even stop talking/thinking about it. It is now time to make a run at the NIT. To do that we need to win at least 3 more and preferably 4 to feel safe. 7-9 in the league would put us on the NIT bubble. I think 8-8 and we are safely in. To get to 8-8, we must win out at home and win a road game. The games in Stoolwater and at Boulder are now huge. We must get one of them and hold serve at home. A season with no post-season whatsoever would be a HUGE step back.

I never assume you can't make the NCAA until you lose in the conference tournament, but you definitely won't catch me betting on it.

This is a stupid post in many regards. 1.) It is still mathematically possible to go 10-6. 2.) There is still the conference tourney

I could see this team getting hot for a few games and winning the conference tournament.

I could also see this team bowing out in the first round of the conference tournament.

Hopefully option 1 happens.

I could see this team getting hot for a few games and winning the conference tournament.

I can't. Four games in four days on a neutral court, with our short bench? We have a better chance at figuring out a way to 10 wins during the regular season.

I can't. Four games in four days on a neutral court, with our short bench? We have a better chance at figuring out a way to 10 wins during the regular season.

I think this is probably true. At this point I am hoping for an 8-8 or 9-7. At the beginning of league play I expected a 9-7 record. Hopefully that is still reasonable.

I think we could get to the B12 final (yes, I ran the bracket generator last night and had us at 9-7 with KSU and MU on the way to the final), but doubt we could win it. How ironic would it be that not having a Sunday final (which we and others b!tched about until it was changed) might be what kept us out in that scenario?

This is a stupid post in many regards. 1.) It is still mathematically possible to go 10-6. 2.) There is still the conference tourney

Really?? Wow. That's a little harsh, chief. You act like my post is totally unfounded and absurd.

By the way, I never said it was "mathematically impossible" for us to go 10-6, just highly, highly, HIGHLY unlikely. As in I'd wager my next paycheck that we don't. And I'm sorry I just can't see this team winning the conference tourney. How many teams have played on day 1 of the tourney and went on to win? And the answer is.....Zero.

Last edited:
Didn't Georgia win the SEC Tournament as a 12th seed and got in the NCAA tournament? I believe they were 4-12 in the conference.

Didn't Georgia win the SEC Tournament as a 12th seed and got in the NCAA tournament? I believe they were 4-12 in the conference.

And there was absolutely no one in that tournament anywhere near as good as Kansas. Heck there may not have been anyone in that conference as good as KSU, A&M or Baylor. That league stunk.

And there was absolutely no one in that tournament anywhere near as good as Kansas. Heck there may not have been anyone in that conference as good as KSU, A&M or Baylor. That league stunk.

Anybody can have a off day and anything can happen. See Baylor vs Kansas in last years Big 12 tournament. heck Baylor was an 8 seed and got all the way to the tournament finals.

Sure, anything can happen. I could win the lottery tomorrow. Publisher's Clearing House could show up 5 minutes from now. I could be elected President in 2012. I'm just saying it is extremely unlikely.

We could win out. I doubt that happens but we could. Math isn't dead yet. We just need to play better the rest of the year. Post season play shouldn't even be on our minds.

Really?? Wow. That's a little harsh, chief. You act like my post is totally unfounded and absurd.

By the way, I never said it was "mathematically impossible" for us to go 10-6, just highly, highly, HIGHLY unlikely. As in I'd wager my next paycheck that we don't. And I'm sorry I just can't see this team winning the conference tourney. How many teams have played on day 1 of the tourney and went on to win? And the answer is.....Zero.

really? Reread your first line:ez-roll:

The math just doesn't work now to get to 10-6....:confused:

To me that means it isn't mathematically possible.

I'm saying the math doesn't work from the perspective of winnable games. Just like I said in my first post, to get to 10-6 we have to win out at home, win @ Colorado, win @ osu, and then win at either Texas or kansas.

I'm saying the math doesn't work from the perspective of winnable games. Just like I said in my first post, to get to 10-6 we have to win out at home, win @ Colorado, win @ osu, and then win at either Texas or kansas.
With this team who knows what a winnable game is? But to say the math makes 10-6 impossible is wrong also. What you really mean is that you and many others for that matter don't see 10-6 happening. One game didn't change that for me. The way we played before Big 12 play told me 10-6 was going to be nearly impossible.

I could also see this team bowing out in the first round of the conference tournament.

Hopefully option 1 happens.

Dude have you seen this team play away from home? Put the glue down

With this team who knows what a winnable game is? But to say the math makes 10-6 impossible is wrong also. What you really mean is that you and many others for that matter don't see 10-6 happening. One game didn't change that for me. The way we played before Big 12 play told me 10-6 was going to be nearly impossible.

I'd say it's pretty obvious. 90% of road games aren't winnable.

I guess it is just a choice of how you view things, personally, as long as there is a chance that we could still make a Final Four then I am going to be optimistic that we can get there. Guess I'd rather be dissappointed in the moment that doesn't happen than be dissappointed the whole time "knowing" that it won't. Who knows, maybe KU gets into a gang fight the week before the B12 and Self suspends half the team before the Dance, or maybe our guys copme together after some adversity to play hard for 4 games straight. Not sure, but certainly being hopeful as a fan that a miracle can happen is part of the fun of being a fan.

Back