The students are doing their part!

Sam

Reaction score
According to what I was told there has already been an estimated 1,000 student season tickets sold (only been on sale since yesterday). With only 1,300 tickets allotted to the students this is huge. This has been a big step up from last year as it was not near this amount. I will try to get the official numbers tonight and post them in this thread.

Marketing has been doing their part this week to get the word out to students, passing out tons of fliers, using the mascots and cheerleaders to get the word out as well. I've even seen Willie, Ray and TJ riding around in golf carts helping promote the sale.

I feel this is gonna be another great turnout year for the students, I just hope the rest of the LNC will step up and match us.

10320_138419564572_817709572_2418872_7668006_n.jpg

That is really awesome. This refund thing was a HUGE success! Wish they had it when I was there

That is awesome news. How many student tickets were sold last year? And is there any chance the University will open up more seats for the students?

Great work by the Capelables in helping out this year. I am proud of you guys!

Also, thanks to Todd and the marketing crew for making this a priority. I suspect that the student section will be expanded sometime in the next year or two.

That is awesome news. How many student tickets were sold last year? And is there any chance the University will open up more seats for the students?
They were sold out eventually but it didn't happen till mid-late October.

Great work by the Capelables in helping out this year. I am proud of you guys!

Also, thanks to Todd and the marketing crew for making this a priority. I suspect that the student section will be expanded sometime in the next year or two.

Todd is the man.

I was a student from 1985 through 1993 (and had a student ticket in 1994). My recollection is that the students had just short of entire quarter of the LNC. Am I remembering that wrong? 1,300 seats is only 10% and would not remotely resemble a quarter of the stadium. I believe the students had from the center of basket to center court across from the benches on the end without the tunnel.

I was a student from 1985 through 1993 (and had a student ticket in 1994). My recollection is that the students had just short of entire quarter of the LNC. Am I remembering that wrong? 1,300 seats is only 10% and would not remotely resemble a quarter of the stadium. I believe the students had from the center of basket to center court across from the benches on the end without the tunnel.

I don't think they have had anywhere near that much of the tickets since I have been keeping up with it. My bet is that they will get more seats after this next year. We had to prove that we were going to support the team. Last year was a great start to what I hope will be a trend.

Last edited:
Can someone score me some free student tickets? I have a young face.

I don't think they have had anywhere near that much of the tickets since I have been keeping up with it. My bet is that they will get more seats after this next year. We had to proove that we were going to support the team. Last year was a great start to what I hope will be a trend.

They were dirt cheap too. Plus they had priority and non-priority. If you went the first day they went on sale you would get a priority ticke which meant you had access to either the lower or upper level of the student section.

I am wondering if I am remembering wrong on how big the student section was? Maybe it did not go all the way to the center of the basket.

Update
They are now less then 50 tickets left, which is nothing short of amazing that in only 3 days over 1200 tickets have been sold.

This is great news. Very impressive work by those who took on the task of making it happen.
:clap

Thanks soonersam! That is fantastic news!!!! I can't believe the excitement and coverage this program is getting! Great things are soon to come, I think!

GREAT response. Thanks again to marketing, the players, Joe C, the coaches, and my fellow Capelables. :clap

I can't tell you how proud I am to see this response from the students. It makes me tremendously happy.

“Our team issues a big collective thanks to the OU student body for its support of our program this week. To sell our complete allotment of student season tickets in only three days illustrates how much this program has grown in just a couple of years. Our fans, both students and non-students, are a huge part of our team and we need them to be at our games, and we need them to be loud and supportive. So students, we thank you!”
-Coach Capel

Back