This team is borderline not worth watching

SKSooner

Reaction score
I'm as big an OU fan as they come, and it's hard for me to watch. This team doesn't even play hard or seem like they even care. I'll live and breath with a group of guys who will work their butt off and compete, but this team just lays down and whines like little babies. Very disappointing.

I will keep watching, but you're right, it's very hard to watch. I've just come to the realization that this team isn't nearly as good as each individual player is. Now that I'm there and have either no expectations, or negative ones, it's a little easier. Building toward next year and the NIT.

I'll be honest, I watched about 5 minutes of the game today. I don't feel like I missed much of anything.

I'm as big an OU fan as they come, and it's hard for me to watch. This team doesn't even play hard or seem like they even care. I'll live and breath with a group of guys who will work their butt off and compete, but this team just lays down and whines like little babies. Very disappointing.

+1

Boomer Sooner!!!

I agree about not watching this team. I have not missed a home game in the Capel era, but if Willie is going to play 30-40 minutes and put out no effort, then it's going to be really hard for me to drive to Norman and waste my time watching him cost us the season.

Monday might be my last game this season to attend.

This might be the worst OU team on both sides of the court. They have averaged about 77 or 78 a game or something like that but that's only because we give up so many points so quick that we get more chances to shoot then we should. This team is really bad on both ends of the court. I don't even know if they are worthy of wearing OU uniforms.

This might be the worst OU team on both sides of the court. They have averaged about 77 or 78 a game or something like that but that's only because we give up so many points so quick that we get more chances to shoot then we should.

Actually, in terms of points per possession, we are pretty good this season. The defense is really ****ty though.

Actually, in terms of points per possession, we are pretty good this season. The defense is really ****ty though.
I don't think I've ever seen us give up as many fast break layups after a made field goal than I have seen us give up this season. I have no idea how that is possible.

I agree about not watching this team. I have not missed a home game in the Capel era, but if Willie is going to play 30-40 minutes and put out no effort, then it's going to be really hard for me to drive to Norman and waste my time watching him cost us the season.

Monday might be my last game this season to attend.

Monday night Bedlam will tell a lot about how the rest of the season will go for the Sooners. In over 20 years, I can't remember a Sooner team that didn't give the Cowboys hell for 40 minutes in Norman - win or lose.

Gotta support your team no matter what. That's what Sooners do. :jcapel

I agree even if I do some constructive criticism too.

lol. I have had plenty of negative things to say about this team up to this point.

Today was so frustrating. I think I said the words stupid and dumb more than I ever have in one day.

It's getting to the point where I'm actually dreading gamedays for road games. I was pretty confident we were going to get drilled today, and even though I knew what was coming it was still disappointing.

I'm never not going to watch because I've been watching for the last 20 years, but I can definitely see what the OP is saying. I will have a different mindset when we play at home though.

Ok lets get to the serious questions. Is Tommy Amaker our coach ?

I haven't missed an OU/osu home game in I don't know how many years, but I'm not going to waste a week night driving down from Kansas to watch a bunch of heartless players that can't play D. No matter how bad a team we have, we shouldn't lose by 30 points to anybody, especially Baylor! I know Baylor is much improved, but come on!

I went to every game Capel's first year when we were 16-15. It has nothing to do with how good we are. It has to do with how sick it makes me to see a guy out there not putting forth effort. I would rather see Kyle Hardrick or Beau Gerber out there trying his best than watch a MAA acting like he doesnt care. It makes me sick.

Back