This Trae Young thing is great, but.......

Nice post, 38red.... Doesn't bother me if people think OU is playing good, high quality, team basketball. They aren't seeing the same thing I see, but that's not out of the ordinary. :)

At end of regulation with a lead of 3 points, foul on the end bound pass. They get two free throws, we have ball with 1 point lad and the ball with 4.4 seconds. We win with that deal.

At end of regulation with a lead of 3 points, foul on the end bound pass. They get two free throws, we have ball with 1 point lad and the ball with 4.4 seconds. We win with that deal.

Which is what Lon told them to do.

I am in favor of fouling there 100% of the time, as is Lon. But you don't foul right when they get it inbounds because there were actually 11 seconds left, not 4. The plan was right ... wait till they cross halfcourt, then foul. Trae tried but didn't make it obvious enough to get the call.

I am in favor of fouling there 100% of the time, as is Lon. But you don't foul right when they get it inbounds because there were actually 11 seconds left, not 4. The plan was right ... wait till they cross halfcourt, then foul. Trae tried but didn't make it obvious enough to get the call.

1. Trae didn't really try. He backed off and later kind of whiffed on his attempt. It was an extremely poor attempt.
2. It shouldn't have been on him. Odomes was out of position after trying to get the steal and taking himself out of the play. Odomes should have let him catch it, slowed him down, and fouled as he crossed midcourt. I'm sure that was the plan and that they had practiced it. As was often the case today, the defensive execution was awful.

OU will get on another hot streak and we all will forget about today. They gonna have some more defeats this year and some wins

Nothing wrong with discussing what "we" see and why the team won't reach its ceiling if something doesn't change(of course all opinions). For me today & KSU is on Trae (game was won just stay in front on the last play and make him shot over you), but from here on out it'll be on the coaches if theirs not just a little change to getting the ball movement going. Love the coaches & players just an observation

Yes. You don't have to put that caveat in there, it's a good post. I couldn't believe the amount of times there wasn't one pass, ONE pass from Young on a possession. Yes he got hot later, but all those clankers were killer early. Also you have to wonder what it's doing to the scoring psyche of the other players. OU is standing around, again, half court. It's obvious most teams aren't going to let OU play to their strength(running) so move the ball and get a high percentage shot. Trae can still get his, but get the others involved. You don't have to run some plays but get SOME kind of motion for Pete's sake. OU will not far with these 40 footers. OU's half court offense(not even going to bring up defense SMH)is beyond painful to watch.

If frickin C. James could have hit ONE of his 6 effin WIDE OPEN 3's....we weouldn't be even discussing all this!!!!!!!!!

The supporting cast SUCKED today. They need to step up their frickin game and quit making Trae think he has to carry the team.

You guys are just looking at the box score, and not taking any consideration the impact of playing on a team like this...

Motivation of the "other guys" is low when you have been castrated and are basically told to get out of this guys way.... You turn it over a few times, you get pulled. He turns it over a few times, nothing. You don't get a single play called for you. You only shoot when he doesn't have something for himself. Nobody watching even knows your name... Coaches aren't coming up with ways to utilize your talents... Media doesn't even mention your name...

How could this team possibly have good chemistry? Guy does whatever he wants. They sold out. Trash shots from mid court? No problem... Record breaking turnover numbers? No problem.... Only passing the ball when you have absolutely nothing for yourself? No problem.....

The guy scored 48 points on 40 shots. The team took 82 shots.
I agree 100%. If I'm his teammate, I wouldn't be happy right now.

well if his teammates are mad then they need to be at themselves first.

Every player who has been a semi-reasonably consistent scorer has received numerous shots right in a sweet spot and most of them keep faltering. How many times did he keep trying to feed Brady? CJ? and this goes back quite a few games. I dont even wanna mention the dishes to Lattin and even McNeace at times. Those guys need to be pissed at themselves because trae moves the ball around and they've been stinking it up. So they'd need to put up or shut up.

If frickin C. James could have hit ONE of his 6 effin WIDE OPEN 3's....we weouldn't be even discussing all this!!!!!!!!!

The supporting cast SUCKED today. They need to step up their frickin game and quit making Trae think he has to carry the team.

Difference is Young is the only guy on the team allowed to shoot his way out of an in-game slump

He was 4-of-15 at halftime

No one else took 15 shots the entire game. Young took 39 shots. James had second most with 11. That’s crap!

well if his teammates are mad then they need to be at themselves first.

Every player who has been a semi-reasonably consistent scorer has received numerous shots right in a sweet spot and most of them keep faltering. How many times did he keep trying to feed Brady? CJ? and this goes back quite a few games. I dont even wanna mention the dishes to Lattin and even McNeace at times. Those guys need to be pissed at themselves because trae moves the ball around and they've been stinking it up. So they'd need to put up or shut up.

this is all true. not to mention the bunnies we miss, and the pump fake shots under the rim that always get blocked because we don’t go straight back up with it. the only thing that really kills me about trae’s game today was the steal by solomon. that just can’t happen, at any point in the game, ever...

Bigabd would never have signed Trae in the first place. There are just too many JUCO scrubs out there that we could have had instead.

the only thing that really kills me about trae’s game today was the steal by solomon. that just can’t happen, at any point in the game, ever...

yeah I noticed we get like 2-3 turnovers a game due to mental lapses and Trae has some sloppy ball handling at times. we can get away with it when we're running a lot. but when it's tighter and the tempo is slower we must learn to value the possessions more. I'd say the same thing about some of our outlet passes but I like the aggressive passing.

If anyone has a right to be upset it’s trae young. The guys around him have been under performing the past couple weeks. People say Trae should have shot less when in actuality he shot better from the field (on an off night) than the rest of the team did. We actually needed trae to take about 5 more 3s in regulation instead of passing and we would have won.

If anyone has a right to be upset it’s trae young. The guys around him have been under performing the past couple weeks. People say Trae should have shot less when in actuality he shot better from the field (on an off night) than the rest of the team did. We actually needed trae to take about 5 more 3s in regulation instead of passing and we would have won.

yep

Back