Tiny given green light on 3 ball against Utah?

buttermaker1

Reaction score
So Tiny started the game by drilling 2 3's, did Capel give him the green light to bang 3's? Whatever happened I love it dude looks smooth city with his 3 ball stroke.

Not the fact about shooting the three, it's the fact he's our best offensive rebounder. You can't rebound offensively from the three point line.

He may be our best offensive rebounder, but so was Aaron McGhee in '02. The ability for him to shoot threes will help a ton as he's out there a ton to set screens for our penetrating guards. It will spread the floor even more. Plus, he can certainly make them. Like Capel said, as long as its in the flow, green light is good.

Capel did it to draw their 7'3" center out. I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately Tiny wasn't in the game enough to make that strategy effective.

He may be our best offensive rebounder, but so was Aaron McGhee in '02. The ability for him to shoot threes will help a ton as he's out there a ton to set screens for our penetrating guards. It will spread the floor even more. Plus, he can certainly make them. Like Capel said, as long as its in the flow, green light is good.

Big difference between your power forward shooint 15-18ft jumpers and your center shooting 24ft threes. Especially when you're power forward this year has been a two guard for his career.

Big difference between your power forward shooint 15-18ft jumpers and your center shooting 24ft threes. Especially when you're power forward this year has been a two guard for his career.

Ace averaged almost two three-point-shot attempts per game. The fact that Tiny has played two-guard makes it even more appropriate for him to utilize his entire skill set. As long as he's not just settling for jump shots or staying on the perimeter the whole game, I think we'll be fine with a few attempts so long as he hits a reasonable percentage of them.

Ace averaged almost two three-point-shot attempts per game. The fact that Tiny has played two-guard makes it even more appropriate for him to utilize his entire skill set. As long as he's not just settling for jump shots or staying on the perimeter the whole game, I think we'll be fine with a few attempts so long as he hits a reasonable percentage of them.

McGhee in his last year at OU was was 21 of 65 which adds out to 34%. So you're correct in his three point attempts. He averaged a little less than two attempts per game.

Capel did it to draw their 7'3" center out. I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately Tiny wasn't in the game enough to make that strategy effective.

I agree . Tiny has to be respected out there, so he doesn't even have to take the shot, he will still open up the driving lanes. Combine that with TC at the 4 and the offense can get it's match up of choice by pulling the other teams bigs outside.

I might have been mistaken, but I think he was referring to Crocker when he talked about the individual who used to be a 2, but is now playing a 4....

Haha, yes, I see now and look like an idiot (may or may not be true). But, Tiny has played more of a perimeter game throughout high school and is comfortable there. He wasn't a point forward, but he has played some aspects of his game like a two-guard before--at least on the offensive side of the ball, which is the pertinent part of this discussion.

Back