Tiny says they quit.. Coach says they didnt

thebigabd

Reaction score
"I think for the most part a lot people gave up"
-Tiny Gallon

"I don’t think we quit and I don’t think we laid down"
-Jeff Capel

Given that Tiny is a player and knows they quit, I will go ahead and assume they quit.

Somebody needs to tell Capel denial isn't a river in Egypt.

Coach Capel needs to get it together. The players need to get it together. I don't see Dave Bliss anywhere.

Tiny is on scholarship; Capel makes more than $1 million a year. That might have something to do with the differing opinions...
SLEDO

Tiny is on scholarship; Capel makes more than $1 million a year. That might have something to do with the differing opinions...
SLEDO

For sure has something to do with it...happy to see Tiny speak his mind. Bodes well for next season I think as the first step to winning is to not tolerate losing anymore.

For sure has something to do with it...happy to see Tiny speak his mind. Bodes well for next season I think as the first step to winning is to not tolerate losing anymore.

If I'm Tiny I'm one and gone.

If I'm Tiny I'm one and gone.

Not sure that is really an option for him. If I am Tiny, I'm frustrated and going forward will not tolerate losing or quitting by my teammates. If he puts the same focus on those things as he has the weight loss, we'll be back in the Elite Eight next year and he'll be looking at being a Top 5 pick. JMHO

Its Coach speak, its obvious they quit!

This. I think we can be a good team still if we play hard for a full 40 minutes. We all know that playing at a high level starts before you ever step onto the court. You have to do it in the weight room, in class, in practices, and be a student of the game. I think this team is just starting to understand that. Capel has done a lot to make them learn it, but sometimes young guys just have to figure things out themselves.

Back