Tiny

beastarelia

Reaction score
Several poster have asked me if I was related to Tiny and If so do I have any in-site on whats going on with him.. All I can say is that this is the Tiny that I have followed. I don't see the energy or love for the game now. What do you think happened to Tiny's game ?

See you youtube.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRkNnU69iE[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cheno/Tiny

I think mainly because at Oak Hill they pretty much let you do whatever you want as long as you win games.

Cheno , in a previous post, you asked me if I was related to Tiny and If so do I have any in-site on whats going on with him.. All I can say is that this is the Tiny that I have followed. I don't see the energy or love for the game now. What do you think happened to Tiny's game ?

See you youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRkNnU69iE

Not Cheno...but here is a novel thought, he was a man among boys at the McDAA game and generally perceived to be one of the Top 10 players in the country being a big man who could do some things similar to a guard and NOW everyone wants to turn him into Shaq or something. For sure not a popular opinion, but we haven't seen the "old" Tiny since the McDAA game. Why not?

I meant to add...or worse, Kevin Bookout. Not a swipe at Kevin though!

Perhaps the level of competition would have something to do with it.

It is normal for players to not have much fun when teams are losing. Oklahoma fans are not used to losing and neither is Tiny Gallon. Winning cures many ills.

Yeah... my first thought is that Big 12 > High school

Just by a bit though! Do you notice that when Keith has his hands on the ball in college play there are numerous defenders collapsing down on him trying to knock the ball loose while in the footage provided above most of the defenders who even attempt to swipe the ball away, which is sparse in nature, are practically falling down due in part to them reaching for something which is well beyond their arm span. This is likely a function of being out of defensive position as a result of not using their feet to gain a proper relation to the ball handler. That was then and this is now.

If I am not mistaken, Tiny has played against Division 1 basketball players at Oakhill, a lot of whom we see now.. Name me a game where the Post players dominated Tiny that supports this statement?

For once I'm glad that Jeff showed up after a crappy loss; reminded me of a guy I could see Tiny being a step above, Mario Boggans.

Not Cheno...but here is a novel thought, he was a man among boys at the McDAA game and generally perceived to be one of the Top 10 players in the country being a big man who could do some things similar to a guard and NOW everyone wants to turn him into Shaq or something. For sure not a popular opinion, but we haven't seen the "old" Tiny since the McDAA game. Why not?

Mr. B.. I agree. My question exactly..Why haven't we seen the old Tiny?..

Mr. B.. I agree. My question exactly..Why haven't we seen the old Tiny?..

I think if you can get someone else inside that we can count on, you will. I see where you are headed though, and agree with it. For better or worse, Tiny is our only/best option inside. See Ace McGhee with and without Jahbari Brown for an example of what I'm talking about. Jahbari freed up Ace to play his game, and we almost won a NC becuase of it. That is why we need to hit that JUCO kid in Idaho or another similar player so hard.

My "obvious" response would not have been necessary had you not realized the obviousness of your query in the first place. Ding! ding! Do you think his playing against teams which lacked defensive discipline would have contributed to him looking "all world" in the video you provided?

If he's not having fun at this level and thinks it's difficult, wait 'til he hits the NBA where it's all business. The only thing that makes it better there is the money and that only comes if you can perform at that level.

If I am not mistaken, Tiny has played against Division 1 basketball players at Oakhill, a lot of whom we see now.. Name me a game where the Post players dominated Tiny that supports this statement?

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with just the "post" players but everything to do with the help defense which the post player receives. What Big 12 conference games have you witnessed where Keith is running free one possession after another when in offensive sets?

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with just the "post" players but everything to do with the help defense which the post player receives. What Big 12 conference games have you witnessed where Keith is running free one possession after another when in offensive sets?

Wow we are a bit testy huh?..(smile it can only help).. What you and I think is not worth 2 cents when its all said and done.. I think Tiny is good,You don't ,now thats the end of that..!

I think if you can get someone else inside that we can count on, you will. I see where you are headed though, and agree with it. For better or worse, Tiny is our only/best option inside. See Ace McGhee with and without Jahbari Brown for an example of what I'm talking about. Jahbari freed up Ace to play his game, and we almost won a NC becuase of it. That is why we need to hit that JUCO kid in Idaho or another similar player so hard.

Yes, I agree with you.. but don't you think if we use at least one other big in the post with Tiny, it would free him up just a little?

There seems to be a pretty obvious reason to me. He's playing on a team that is not winning.

:woot
My "obvious" response would not have been necessary had you not realized the obviousness of your query in the first place. Ding! ding! Do you think his playing against teams which lacked defensive discipline would have contributed to him looking "all world" in the video you provided?

Thank you, I am having so much fun!..:woot.. Where did the world class statement come from?.. I didnt ask that.

Last edited:
Back