TMG is not going to be here all 4 years

In the turmoil of this season TMG has been a really nice surprise in conference play, don't think there are many freshman not named John Wall that are better than him.

Guys, NBA point guards are a different breed. Think of the types of PG's that TMG remind you of. Eaton, Nelson they were both four year players.

The guy's got heart. I hate that his first season here is a nasty experience...

Guys, NBA point guards are a different breed. Think of the types of PG's that TMG remind you of. Eaton, Nelson they were both four year players.

Doesn't really remind me of Eaton, Nelson yes, but thats a different situation at a smaller school with a lesser known guy. Tommy is more of a DJ Augustine player in my mind. I say 2 years maybe 3 still.

Doesn't really remind me of Eaton, Nelson yes, but thats a different situation at a smaller school with a lesser known guy. Tommy is more of a DJ Augustine player in my mind. I say 2 years maybe 3 still.

TMG doesn't have close to the quickness that DJ had. TMG is a 4 year player unless he wants to be a 2nd round pick. See Sherron Collins.

TMG doesn't have close to the quickness that DJ had. TMG is a 4 year player unless he wants to be a 2nd round pick. See Sherron Collins.

Idk if i'd go that far. He does remind me of collins but he's easily top 2 PG in the Big 12 as a true freshman. 2 years, 3 max.

Idk if i'd go that far. He does remind me of collins but he's easily top 2 PG in the Big 12 as a true freshman. 2 years, 3 max.

So you're saying he's better than Sherron Collins? I don't think so. I think is about the same as a freshman, only that he's getting more playing time and shots on a bad team.

He's a really good college player but he is a 5'9 PG with short arms who is more of a scorer. Those guys don't make it in the NBA very often.

How many 5-9 guys are there in the NBA? How many start?

Robinson is a freak.

TMG will be here minimum 3, likely 4. At any rate, not sure its worth discussion now.

If you are as good as TMG, why would you stay on this sinking ship.

I hope TMG is using his old HTown and AAU connections and is finding some recruits for Capel since he cant find any big men with any character.

So you're saying he's better than Sherron Collins? I don't think so. I think is about the same as a freshman, only that he's getting more playing time and shots on a bad team.

He's a really good college player but he is a 5'9 PG with short arms who is more of a scorer. Those guys don't make it in the NBA very often.

As a freshman yes, he's close to on par with him right now minus experience. And have you seen the way he passes? He can easily take over a game by setting people up but we don't have many people that can catch passes on our team. And yes he can score, but thats an added bonus.

As a freshman yes, he's close to on par with him right now minus experience. And have you seen the way he passes? He can easily take over a game by setting people up but we don't have many people that can catch passes on our team. And yes he can score, but thats an added bonus.

If you are comparing by numbers then they are close, yes. However, Collins is going to leave KU as the best PG in program history and a Top 5 scorer. His scoring average is down this year but it's because they are so loaded. Let's let TMG finish a season before we start putting him in Sherron's class. Let's see him lead a team to a winning record and to the Tourney first.

He is a terrific player but a great pro prospect he isn't. If he leaves early he probably won't make a team and will end up playing in Europe.

Okay, first off, that talent he has around him has been there all 4 years, so its not really him leading them to the tourney, he's got some definite help, put TMG on that team and they don't miss a beat. Granted Sherron has hit some big shots and is a great player. I just don't see him as being that much better that TMG.

I can think of multiple teams that could use Tommy. He's one of the top PG's in the country. Give him a year or 2 more and it will become painfully obvious.

Okay, first off, that talent he has around him has been there all 4 years, so its not really him leading them to the tourney, he's got some definite help, put TMG on that team and they don't miss a beat. Granted Sherron has hit some big shots and is a great player. I just don't see him as being that much better that TMG.

I can think of multiple teams that could use Tommy. He's one of the top PG's in the country. Give him a year or 2 more and it will become painfully obvious.

I'm saying right now he is better than TMG but as freshman they are VERY similar in terms of talent. I was just commenting that a lot of TMG's numbers come from playing on a bad team where he can shoot as much as he wants. His numbers aren't much better than Collins' frosh numbers but he came off the bench and didn't get near as many minutes or shots.

There are TONS of teams that could use TMG. I think he is a stud. I just don't think he is a great NBA prospect. Again, he is shorter and less explosive than a guy like Collins and Collins has spent all 4 years because he's never been considered a 1st round pick. There have been maybe 3-4 guys in the last 10 years who have been sub 6 foot who have left early and been 1st round picks.

Back