TMG is not going to be here all 4 years

If you are comparing by numbers then they are close, yes. However, Collins is going to leave KU as the best PG in program history and a Top 5 scorer. His scoring average is down this year but it's because they are so loaded. Let's let TMG finish a season before we start putting him in Sherron's class. Let's see him lead a team to a winning record and to the Tourney first.

He is a terrific player but a great pro prospect he isn't. If he leaves early he probably won't make a team and will end up playing in Europe.

what ... not close to the truth .. and i am not a ku fan ..

maybe if you win it all this year ... but that is a big ? .. TMG is almost as good at collins right now ... and he is only going to get better ... he is so much better as a frosh it is not really close

what ... not close to the truth .. and i am not a ku fan ..

maybe if you win it all this year ... but that is a big ? .. TMG is almost as good at collins right now ... and he is only going to get better ... he is so much better as a frosh it is not really close

He's really not any better than Collins was as a frosh, just more minutes and shots.

TMG: 13.6, 4.6 APG, 3 RPG, .410 FG% .448 3P%, 1.94 ATO, 1.2 PPS, 34 MPG

Collins: 9.3, 2.3, 2.9, .478 FG%, .405 3P%, 1.78 ATO, 1.31 PPS, 22 MPG

So, really the only difference was minutes. Collins produced very similarly in 12 minutes less per game with much better overall FG% and slightly worse assist-to-TO ratio.

Again, they are very similar in a lot of ways but I would bet a ton of money that Collins is in the NBA much longer than TMG.

I'm saying right now he is better than TMG but as freshman they are VERY similar in terms of talent. I was just commenting that a lot of TMG's numbers come from playing on a bad team where he can shoot as much as he wants. His numbers aren't much better than Collins' frosh numbers but he came off the bench and didn't get near as many minutes or shots.

There are TONS of teams that could use TMG. I think he is a stud. I just don't think he is a great NBA prospect. Again, he is shorter and less explosive than a guy like Collins and Collins has spent all 4 years because he's never been considered a 1st round pick. There have been maybe 3-4 guys in the last 10 years who have been sub 6 foot who have left early and been 1st round picks.

I think the Jayhawk glasses are a little in the way, but thats just coming from my Sooner impaired vision. I think they are both great players but that TMG is way farther along than Collins.

I think the Jayhawk glasses are a little in the way, but thats just coming from my Sooner impaired vision. I think they are both great players but that TMG is way farther along than Collins.

You obviously didn't look at my last post before you typed this one. :) The numbers don't lie and neither do my eyes having seen both play as freshman extensively.

You obviously didn't look at my last post before you typed this one. :) The numbers don't lie and neither do my eyes having seen both play as freshman extensively.

Hahh my fault, slow typer. I think Collin's stats can be attributed to playing on a loaded team, therefore they will be lower and and also they will be skewed because he's going to have more easy opportunities ala one on one and no one sagging.

But i think they are rather comparable. But i would take you on that bet.

Hahh my fault, slow typer. I think Collin's stats can be attributed to playing on a loaded team, therefore they will be lower and and also they will be skewed because he's going to have more easy opportunities ala one on one and no one sagging.

But i think they are rather comparable. But i would take you on that bet.

Yeah, I know you would and if I were an OU fan I probably would too. I just think there are some key differences below the surface that separate the two in terms of pro potential. As far as college players TMG will end up being the best PG ever at OU just like Collins will at KU.

As hard as this season is for OU, at least you can know that maybe the most important spot on the floor is wrapped up for the next few years. :)

How about a neutral opinion? TMG is a stud. I love Collins but TMG is a much better player at this point in his career than Collins was at the offensive end. Collins is and was much more of a deffensive presence. I think TMG is quicker with the ball and has a better mid-range game than Collins.

In the end TMG will be a super offensive threat, but IMO if he wants to take the next step he needs to improve defensively (which he has to some degree already.) There is one thing you are overlooking about TMG, grace, and that is over the last several games TMG has become the man on the Sooner club. Everyone keys on him and he is still tearing it up. Collins did not have that ability as a Frosh and benefited immensely from a talented group of partners. I think he stays a couple of more years and is gone.

Back