TMG last night

mattham4

Reaction score
I realize that he didn't have his best shooting game but you guys got a good look at what he's capable of when the fire is lit. He locked down on D in the 2nd half and really created pressure. He didn't "run the offense" very well but he made quite a few EXCELLENT passes for easy baskets (some were made, some were missed). He showed his quickness with the ball, he got to the rim (missed the bunny but pulled the board away from the bigs).

Bottom line, is that when Tommy is "fired up" he's an unbelievable player. I expect that we'll see more complete games from him as the competition improves. Based on what I saw of him in HS, this is nothing new for him.

I'm sure most people here understand that a freshman, whether it be TMG or Tiny or whomever, will have highs and lows. The exciting part for me is that beyond this year TMG will likely be an anchor for this team through his senior season.

I realize that he didn't have his best shooting game but you guys got a good look at what he's capable of when the fire is lit. He locked down on D in the 2nd half and really created pressure. He didn't "run the offense" very well but he made quite a few EXCELLENT passes for easy baskets (some were made, some were missed). He showed his quickness with the ball, he got to the rim (missed the bunny but pulled the board away from the bigs).

Bottom line, is that when Tommy is "fired up" he's an unbelievable player. I expect that we'll see more complete games from him as the competition improves. Based on what I saw of him in HS, this is nothing new for him.

I can't wait to put together TMG's highlight vid at the end of the year. He had a couple of plays tonight that will probably be in it.

Highlights from yesterday's game:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyb7IE-PyhQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyb7IE-PyhQ[/ame]

he is going to be absolutely deadly with his speed and ability to see the court. couple that with an improving his mid-ranger jumper and fah-get bout it. few defenders will be able to keep tmg in front of them.

he is going to be absolutely deadly with his speed and ability to see the court. couple that with an improving his mid-ranger jumper and fah-get bout it. few defenders will be able to keep tmg in front of them.

Agree. Kid can go.

He's playing the toughest position on the floor for a true freshman in college basketball, so it will take him some time to get the feel for the offense as well as learning not only what he can/cannot do but what he needs to do for this team to be successful.

I was impressed with his court awareness and passing skills. He has a good jumpshot and will be knock down shots when he needs to. I think he got a little lost sometimes defensively in the halfcourt set, but that will improve with experience and coaching.

OU has the look of a young team that will put it together toward the middle/end of the conference season and have a shot to make a deep run in the tournament.

I like how our coach play the freshmen alot early. They will have their up and down, and we lose a few more games. But by the tourny time, they will be battle tested and gel better as a team. This team remind me alot of Kansas last year. Young but fearless. I can't wait til TMG get comfortable out there. He is something that we don't have since long I can remember.

I have only seen the one game but I thought he looked like a really good point guard. He is a freshman but he made a major contribution. His defense has to get better, he needs to get more consistent with his shot but his ball handling and passing was great. In my opinion some of his bad passes were actually too good for the guys he was passing to (if that makes any sense).

If he is around for 4 years, he is going to be very, very good as a senior.

Not to be selfish but I will, I don't want the freshman to come out and light the world on fire everygame. Then you'll start seeing their names showing up in "mock nba drafts". I want these freshman to play for 4 years. I think it could be possible for all of them, except maybe Tiny.

Pledger is my favorite player of all time after 2 games. I get to the edge of my seat everytime he touches the ball (or everytime I think he does, on my laptop him and Crocker both look the same because they wear that white arm thing, maybe someone can suggest one wear crimson and the other white?)

Not to be selfish but I will, I don't want the freshman to come out and light the world on fire everygame. Then you'll start seeing their names showing up in "mock nba drafts". I want these freshman to play for 4 years. I think it could be possible for all of them, except maybe Tiny.

Pledger is my favorite player of all time after 2 games. I get to the edge of my seat everytime he touches the ball (or everytime I think he does, on my laptop him and Crocker both look the same because they wear that white arm thing, maybe someone can suggest one wear crimson and the other white?)

Yeah Bird will definitely be a fan favorite. He can shot well, hustles and plays smart ball. He and Fitz really look like they are just made to be great college players. Bird may really have a shot to get into the next level and contribute too. And to think that those guys were not "big" name recruits (though they were both top 100 guys) they could end up being some of the best players from the class when all is said and done. I know I can't be the only person who is as impressed by Capel's talent scouting abilities as his recruiting abilities.

EDIT: Oh right my bad I almost missed it
MEANS

TMG, Tiny, Pledger and Fitz will prove to be one of, if not the best recruiting class in OU MBB history.

Back