Tommy Mason-Griffin is one of those guys...

thebigabd

Reaction score
TMG is one of those guys that you feel like he is going to make every shot he takes. Anytime he takes a 3 I just get the feeling its going in, and about 45% of the time it does. He is a big time shooter.

I think he is going to be a really good player for the next 3 1/2 years. He still has a lot to learn but he plays minutes that are really encouraging.

He has the best looking jumper on the team. I also like how he really steps into most of his 3's instead of just standing flat-footed.

He really does exude confidence when he steps into his jumpers. I get the same feeling as you do when he pulls up for three, abd.

He really does exude confidence when he steps into his jumpers. I get the same feeling as you do when he pulls up for three, abd.

You make a very great point here. You can watch numerous talented young PG's in high schools across the country, and with the emphasis on the flashy, you won't see alot who understand that taking a jumper requires you to 1) get your feet set to receive the pass, and 2) step into the jumper as the pass arrives.

TMG rarely misses when he steps into the shot. He is very good at catching, stepping into it, and sticking the jumper. That art is lost on many of todays flashy PG's who can do AND 1 moves, but can't catch and shoot. TMG will be a very sound PG for us in the future, IMO.

Stockton, Mark Price, and Norm Nixon are 3 PG's who made a living hitting jumpers because they were always squared and ready to take the shot.....

Back