Trade in works? Thunder has shot at Griffin >>> The Oklahoman

Anytime my homeboy rights an article, I've got to back it. Wonder if he reads this board?:jcapel

The Thunder sits in position to do the same with two potential lottery picks to offer next year, its own and Phoenix’s. OKC could also throw in its 2011 first-round pick and still avoid mortgaging its future by building a core that includes Westbrook, Green, Griffin and Kevin Durant.
DM, you should tell your homeboy that NBA teams can't trade their own first round picks in consecutive drafts in a single transaction. In other words, the Thunder can't give up their own 2010 and 2011 picks in the same trade. It would have to be 2010 and 2012 first round picks, or something along those lines. ;)

If it was any other team but the Clippers, there probably wouldn't be all these ridiculous rumors. Unless someone in their front office is completely brain-dead, there is no possible way they would trade Blake Griffin for a bunch of unkown prospects. Any trade would have to include draft picks AND either Green or Westbrook. Then again, if there is any team that could completely botch this, it would be the Clippers.

The Clips have already said they are picking BG.

DM, you should tell your homeboy that NBA teams can't trade their own first round picks in consecutive drafts in a single transaction. In other words, the Thunder can't give up their own 2010 and 2011 picks in the same trade. It would have to be 2010 and 2012 first round picks, or something along those lines. ;)

I thought they could if they were getting a first round pick back in the trade.

Of course they said they're going to pick BG, they want to look like they have the strongest position possible. they want to increase the value of the pick.

He's a young dude who's trying to get his stripes. He's a good kid though. Always has been. It's hard in the newspaper industry as we know and sometimes you have to manufacture a story. He's really a sensible guy and not a hack like Tramel and Rhode.

He's a young dude who's trying to get his stripes. He's a good kid though. Always has been. It's hard in the newspaper industry as we know and sometimes you have to manufacture a story. He's really a sensible guy and not a hack like Tramel and Rhode.
I met him a couple of years ago when he interviewed my brother for an article before a Hornets game, and he was a really nice guy. I enjoy his NBA articles more than Tramel's and Rhode's.

I met him a couple of years ago when he interviewed my brother for an article before a Hornets game, and he was a really nice guy. I enjoy his NBA articles more than Tramel's and Rhode's.

His brother is a coach, teacher, and rapper in the Dallas area. I want to say he's at Lincoln. It's either Lincoln, Carter, Maceo, or Kimball. Not sure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJdMh17QRUY&feature=PlayList&p=0A9E255AF1132907&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2[/ame]

Back