Trae Young enters NBA draft

LOL at his dad's public comments, and then this happens a few days later. Dude was never staying, and I think that is probably best for OU's program.

NO WAY he should have stayed. Seth Greenberg just did a short on TY on Sportscenter and he is projected 8th and talked about his transition to NBA and he is going to do great there and MAKE A TON OF MONEY. No parent on this earth would have advised him to stay. His dad was just doing what a good dad would do and cover for his son. Thanks TY for coming and I hope you drop a ton of dimes and 3’s in the league.

Depending on the team he goes to, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins ROY. His game is tailor made to be a point guard in today's NBA.

Depending on the team he goes to, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins ROY. His game is tailor made to be a point guard in today's NBA.

I’m not so sure about that
I think his game is more tailored made for what an nba pg used to be

I don’t think we still score at near the clip but will rack up plenty of assists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely the right move for him.

I just don't get Sooner fans who act somehow jilted as though there's been some misrepresentation or something. He was great this year. If he hadn't been this good, he'd have probably come back. That's the downside to how great he was.

NO WAY he should have stayed. Seth Greenberg just did a short on TY on Sportscenter and he is projected 8th and talked about his transition to NBA and he is going to do great there and MAKE A TON OF MONEY. No parent on this earth would have advised him to stay. His dad was just doing what a good dad would do and cover for his son. Thanks TY for coming and I hope you drop a ton of dimes and 3’s in the league.

His stock has dropped, if anything. He has a chance to gain some of that back during camps and stuff, but he is in a battle with Sexton and one other point guard type, to be the first point guard taken. But there are several others that will likely go before him. Porter. Bamba. Ayton. Bagley. The foreign PG/SG. The MSU guys and a couple of Duke guys will be in the mix.

My guess is 8/9 is probably the best he could get drafted. Could fall to 12-15 if he doesn't measure or camp well. Still good enough to leave, money-wise, but he is far from the top 5-7 lock that some made him out to be earlier this season.

I’m not so sure about that
I think his game is more tailored made for what an nba pg used to be

I don’t think we still score at near the clip but will rack up plenty of assists

Do you watch much NBA basketball? An NBA point guard today has to be able to run a PnR, create off the dribble for himself and teammates, and be able to shoot. Trae does all of those things. Don't bring defense into this, cause it doesn't matter for these awards - Harden is about to win MVP.

Since there is less and less iso ball in the NBA nowadays - defense is all about a player playing into a scheme. Almost all NBA action starts with a PnR. Trae will be fine. Best of luck to him.

Definitely the right move for him.

I just don't get Sooner fans who act somehow jilted as though there's been some misrepresentation or something. He was great this year. If he hadn't been this good, he'd have probably come back. That's the downside to how great he was.

Don't feel jilted, just think it makes his dad look like a liar. This decision was already made before the NCAA tourney, and yet his dad is going out of his way to make it look like he wanted Trae to at least consider staying. He never wanted that. No need to make those comments.

Of course this guy announces his intentions for the draft via letter on espn.com, lol.

Good marketing for yourself, I guess.

Best wishes to TY and his future. I would do the same thing he is doing. If I were him I would want to get away from this cluster**** and bunch of losers as quick as I could.

Don't feel jilted, just think it makes his dad look like a liar. This decision was already made before the NCAA tourney, and yet his dad is going out of his way to make it look like he wanted Trae to at least consider staying. He never wanted that. No need to make those comments.

A liar? I don’t get that. He said he thought his son should consider returning but it was his decision. He acknowledged that there was a risk with returning.

Rayford seems like a really nice man to me.

Probably the right decision based on money alone. Every young kid has areas of their game they need to work on when they bolt for the NBA. From what I've seen Trey's biggest weakness is leadership...which most excellent PG's possess. I rarely saw traits of a great leader from Trey. Nothing like we saw from Hollis or Buddy (I know he wasn't a PG).
Hopefully he gains this over time. Good luck to him.

Of course this guy announces his intentions for the draft via letter on espn.com, lol.

Good marketing for yourself, I guess.

How should he do it? It seems like a lot of people just want to take shots at Trae no matter what he does or how he does it.

Congrats to TY and the Young family! Best wishes on a long NBA career!

It's coach speak.. everyone knew that but i guess you.. welcome to sports?

Do you watch much NBA basketball? An NBA point guard today has to be able to run a PnR, create off the dribble for himself and teammates, and be able to shoot. Trae does all of those things. Don't bring defense into this, cause it doesn't matter for these awards - Harden is about to win MVP.

Since there is less and less iso ball in the NBA nowadays - defense is all about a player playing into a scheme. Almost all NBA action starts with a PnR. Trae will be fine. Best of luck to him.

He isn’t a great shooter and didn’t finish well in college.

Yes he can run the pick and roll but lol at the nba getting away from iso

Back