Trae Young enters NBA draft

Best of luck to him, this is definitely the right decision.

Good for him.

His stock wouldn't rise any be staying.

Now Trae can't shoot??? Dude averaged 30 a game and can't shoot huh? I'll give you his efficiency bottomed out but that was expected being a freshman. No one could have continued at the pace he was at early in the season.

Good luck to Trae and thanks for the work you put in here at OU.

He isn’t a great shooter and didn’t finish well in college.

Yes he can run the pick and roll but lol at the nba getting away from iso

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is significantly less isolation basketball now in the NBA than the 90s-2000s era. There is more ball movement in an average NBA game than college. 3pt % isn't the main determinant for scouts when seeing if someone will be a good shooter at the next level. It's free throw percentage - which Trae was great at.

In the nba he won't be double teamed because his teammates will be able to make an open jumper or a layup

There is significantly less isolation basketball now in the NBA than the 90s-2000s era. There is more ball movement in an average NBA game than college. 3pt % isn't the main determinant for scouts when seeing if someone will be a good shooter at the next level. It's free throw percentage - which Trae was great at.

Agreed. The ball movement in the NBA is excellent and much better than on most college teams and certainly better than OU's ball movement. It's the ball movement that generates all the open looks and drives.

Critics of OU's other players are criticizing the wrong thing, IMO. They're criticizing them for missing shots when the criticism should be to all the players (and maybe the coaches as well) for not moving the ball well enough.

Good luck to TY. Heard the Magic were in love with him but they might be drafting too high. If he gets the minutes he'll probably have great stats throughout his career, just depends on the fit & coach he goes to.

How should he do it? It seems like a lot of people just want to take shots at Trae no matter what he does or how he does it.

If he stayed, he would be on his way to being a worse punching bag than Landry Jones.

most definitely the best decision for trae. I will enjoy watching him in the nba.

Best wishes to TY. He was a joy to watch. Unfortunately the season fell apart on them. Overall it was about what we expected from the team it just was superb early then disappointing.
TY was better than the very high expectations.

Who knows what he will do in the NBA. He will make a bunch of money and be given a chance to play. All anybody can ask.

Ray is a good guy. He was just talking. The decision was made easy with the way TY played early in the season. What choice did he have. You have to go to the league.

Good to see the same idiots hating til the very end.

Trae was awesome. We got an NCAA bid out of a season that would have been dead last in the Big XII without him. He provided one of the most fun to watch stretches of OU basketball in program. Just a shame we don't get to enjoy him for another year or two, but it was obviously the right decision to leave.

It's coach speak.. everyone knew that but i guess you.. welcome to sports?

LOL, I called it that before anybody else here did, so don't give me that.

I just don't think it was something the guy needed to say over and over and over, including literally 24-48 hours before Trae announced. Just keep your mouth shut. Everybody wants their minute of fame. I get sick of it.

Good luck. I am so ready to move on from this clown show. TY isn't the sole contributor to our ills but I hope this is a positive for both parties. Think TY is going to really struggle with the physicality of the NBA, but I thought Steph Curry would as well...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Good luck to Trae in the NBA.

I've seen lots of derogatory posts about the rest of the team, calling them losers. These are young men who can look at their past performances and make changes in their performance and attitude in the future. I don't think Coach Kruger recruits losers.

The only losers are people who were disrespectful to Trae or his family. There was never any call for that. You only make yourself look stupid.

Debatable.

I agree. He'll get better by going to the NBA & I think it was the right decision. The only reason his stock would've rose is because this draft class is really good & next years is supposed to be weak.

Back