True or False: OU beats Tech last week with a healthy Willie Warren

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Please state your reasoning.

Note: I know that it doesn't mean anything and that we will never truely know. This is just for fun....

Mine:

True.

Willie Warren has been really putting in effort on the defensive end during the past two weeks. He would have provided much (and I mean much) better defense than either Pledger or Willis gave the Sooners and that alone would have been enough to help OU keep their lead and win the game. I am not sure we could count on Willie knocking down 3s since he doesn't have the numbers to back it up, but I do think he would have helped get some tough buckets by driving in the second half when the rest of the offense was sputtering.

OU wins a close one with Willie playing.

Last edited:
True.

Willie is still our only consistent slasher/driver. Even if he isn't "on"..it still requires attention to the paint and opens up the 3 ball for our mostly jump shooting offense. Tony will drive from time to time, Cade will do it when forced, and TMG attempts to but none of them have the ability to pull other defenders towards them like Warren. Willie is still the main offenseive cog which would have been enough for the victory over TT.

True. Willie Warren is the best basketball player on the team.

Can "probably" serve as my answer? There were a lot of things the team did w/o WW that I actually liked. In the end, we needed another scorer to beat Tech. With Cade going cold, Pledger in a funk, Tiny with his deal, we just didn't have enough fire power.

My answer would be "no" IF either of those players were scoring.

I don't think so. I think that game was a revelation that our team plays better with TMG running the show and WW not hoisting up shots willie-nillie in some gallant effort to recover his previous draft luster.

OTOH ... if PLEDGER is hitting shots we win going away.

True because we needed another scoring threat. If Pledger or Cade had been hitting, we also would have won.

I don't think so. I think that game was a revelation that our team plays better with TMG running the show and WW not hoisting up shots willie-nillie in some gallant effort to recover his previous draft luster.

I tend to agree with this for now. The team may be better without a star unless the star becomes a part of the team.

I tend to agree with this for now. The team may be better without a star unless the star becomes a part of the team.

I would argue that WW has done a much better job "becoming a part of the team" since the Baylor game. I am not sure I would have answered true if we are talking about this team and its components during the nonconference season because I wouldn't be able to say that Willie would have provided us with better defense than Pledger or Willis. Judging by his last three performances, I feel pretty good in assuming that he would have busted it on D against the Red Raiders.

True

WW has been more of that leader lately that we all expected him to be the last few games. WW > Pledger and Willis.

True.
I'll take my chances with WW getting Willis's and Pledger's minutes in this one..........

true .. in no way are we better with our best player not on the court

I have to say true. i think willie would have gave us that extra boost we needed.

^

True.

Had you asked me that a month ago I would have said false. I think we were actually better without him earlier this year, but now that he has started playing harder I think we could have used his scoring ability late in the game when TMG was our only play-maker.

True

As much as people try to deny it, we are better team with WW on the court...he is our best scoring option and takes the pressure off of the other players because the opposing teams defense has to account for where he is and what he is doing every time he touches the ball...

Back