Tulsa's tourney chances got a little better

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Memphis has lost 5* PF Angel Garcia for the year leaving them with a 7 man rotation. Lucky for them, Elliott Williams was granted immediate eligibility. Wesley Witherspoon, former OU recruit, will probably play the 4.

Thats great news for Tulsa.

C-USA is wide open this year with Memphis, Tulsa, Houston, and UTEP all fielding quality teams. Southern Miss appeared to be primed to have a really good year but Jeremy Wise bolted after his junior year.

I have no idea who will be better between Tulsa, Houston, or UTEP but I get the feeling UTEP will emerge because of Derrick Caracter and the Arizona State transfer..

Maybe this is the year C-USA gets 2-3 teams in.

Great news if you don't want any chances at quality wins or to play in a conference that gets any respect. Better win the tourney.

Only Memphis plays a record that will allow anyone from CUSA to get an invite.

Basically Memphis is the only ones that set themselves up for a tourney bid if they don't get the automatic.

Even though we smoked them the past two years, I would actually be a little nervous if we had to play Tulsa this year since Jordan is more developed now and along-side Uzoh they have two ligit star players. But I'm still not afraid of UTEP or Houston.

I think Tulsa will win Conf-USA this year. Just seems like their year. But I wont be surpised if Memphis still finishes 2nd even with all their issues just because they still have some talented players. I think UTEP and Houston will finish 3-4, but only because the rest of that conference stinks.

I hope I don't have to eat my words with UTEP or Houston. I just think our talent is too much for them. Guys like Warren and Gallon are in a different league IMO, like the Memphis players have been in comparison to the rest of that league for years.

I hope I don't have to eat my words with UTEP or Houston. I just think our talent is too much for them. Guys like Warren and Gallon are in a different league IMO

I think you will eat your words with both of them, especially UTEP.

UTEP has a shooting guard that averaged nearly 18 per game last year and is a big time athlete (Randy Culpepper).. They also have Derrick Caracter who was rated anywhere from the #6-#25 overall prospect in the country and he is 6'9'' 275.. You dont think he can play with true freshman Tiny Gallon? They also have a sophomore center (6'11'') that nearly averaged a double double as a true freshman and played for the US team this summer.

Warren is in a different league, but they still have a guy that can go for 20 any night at that position and a big time post duo. Possibly the best post duo OU faces this year outside of Kansas and possibly Texas.

I think you will eat your words with both of them, especially UTEP.

UTEP has a shooting guard that averaged nearly 18 per game last year and is a big time athlete (Randy Culpepper).. They also have Derrick Caracter who was rated anywhere from the #6-#25 overall prospect in the country and he is 6'9'' 275.. You dont think he can play with true freshman Tiny Gallon? They also have a sophomore center (6'11'') that nearly averaged a double double as a true freshman and played for the US team this summer.

Warren is in a different league, but they still have a guy that can go for 20 any night at that position and a big time post duo. Possibly the best post duo OU faces this year outside of Kansas and possibly Texas.

Have to agree with ABD, UTEP is going to turn some heads this year. Looks like Barbee is turning it around, I think he would be a great hire for Texas Tech in the near future.

Back