TV coverage

Soonersports sub.

As far as DirectTV, you have to be clear on the distinction between FSSW and FSOK. They are similar in lots of programming, but FSOK has all the OU programming. Again, FSSW has much of it too, but there's quite a bit that isn't shown. For Uverse at least here in Houston, there are like 5 Fox Sports Southwest affiliates:

1751--FSOK--Gets all the OU content
1753--FSSW--Has a Houston accent and Houston sports will override OU
1755--FSSW--Has a Dallas emphasis and will show Mavericks and Dallas hockey over OU stuff
1756--FSSW--Houston
1757--FSSW alternate--Will show OU stuff sometimes.

When I looked at the DirectTV lineup(at least 3 years ago) they didn't have the Oklahoma option, which again is what shows all the OU content and early non conference OU basketball games.

Yes, I misspoke. Thanks for clarifying, Stikboy.

Actually, the DTV subscribers in the Oklahoma-Texas area receive both FSOK and FSSW, since both are considered the regional Fox Sports channels for this region. Like you stated, much of the content on FSOK and FSSW is the same, but FSOK has even more Sooner sports programming than FSSW.

What I meant to say was, DTV customers who subscribe to the Sports Package also receive every one of the Fox RSN channels. If I recall correctly, there are something like 20 or so of them, plus others like LHN, SEC network YES, NESN, etc. Occasionally, an OU men's or women's basketball game will be shown on one or more of the RSNs outside of our area and not on FSOK or FSSW.

Yes, I misspoke. Thanks for clarifying, Stikboy.

Actually, the DTV subscribers in the Oklahoma-Texas area receive both FSOK and FSSW, since both are considered the regional Fox Sports channels for this region. Like you stated, much of the content on FSOK and FSSW is the same, but FSOK has even more Sooner sports programming than FSSW.

What I meant to say was, DTV customers who subscribe to the Sports Package also receive every one of the Fox RSN channels. If I recall correctly, there are something like 20 or so of them, plus others like LHN, SEC network YES, NESN, etc. Occasionally, an OU men's or women's basketball game will be shown on one or more of the RSNs outside of our area and not on FSOK or FSSW.

I wasn't trying to correct you, and thanks for the information. You're saying that DTV in Houston has FSOK? That's good because when I was asking their experts they had no idea. Glad to know if I am forced to switch to DTV it will still be available. Is it the basic package or is there some higher tier you have to order within DTV to get it?

Edit: I see you said sports package(which I assume is extra) gets all Fox RSNs. But is FSOK also on the basic plan?

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to correct you, and thanks for the information. You're saying that DTV in Houston has FSOK? That's good because when I was asking their experts they had no idea. Glad to know if I am forced to switch to DTV it will still be available. Is it the basic package or is there some higher tier you have to order within DTV to get it?

Edit: I see you said sports package(which I assume is extra) gets all Fox RSNs. But is FSOK also on the basic plan?

FSOK is free (just a figure of speech) to every DTV subscriber in Oklahoma, and at least some parts of Texas, no matter which DTV plan you subscribe to (basic or otherwise). At least one RSN is provided to EVERY DTV subscriber, based on which part of the nation you live.

Here in S.E. Oklahoma, where I live, DTV subscribers receive several of the RSNs, even if we don't pay extra for the full sports package. I received FSOK, FSSW, and if I recall correctly, whichever RSN serves Houston, San Antonnio and even one that serves the Kansas City area.

I wish I knew for certain, but I can't say for sure that customers in Houston receive FSOK as part of their basic package. I AM fairly certain that you would receive FSSW, which shows many, if not most, of the live Sooner sports that are shown on FSOK. As I stated previously, you receive every one of the RSNs if you are willing to pay the extra $14-$16 per month for the DTV sports package. I should note, however, that the pro sports like MLB will still be blacked out for you on the RSNs that are outside of the region in which you live.

A few years ago I added the sports package to my DTV subscription. The reason I was willing to pay extra (for a while, at least) was because some Sooner basketball and softball games would occasionaly be televised by one of the RSNs outside of our region, and not on FSOK or FSSW. But like I said in a previous post, the cost of doing business with DTV simply got out of hand for existing customers like myself. For new customers, however, DTV is usually willing to negotiate and give you a great deal. That all changes, however, after your initial two-year commitment expires.

Back