Two positives from tonight

Sooner23

Reaction score
1. Tiny played hard and well. Sure he made some mistakes, but he finished with 13 pts and eight rbs against a tough opponent. Thought he really toughed up and played good post D against Caracter in the second half. Hopefully he can build on this, and we can get the ball to him more instead of jacking three's just about every possession.

2. Capel's name won't be mentioned on anyone's coaching candidate short-list next year.

1. Tiny played hard and well. Sure he made some mistakes, but he finished with 13 pts and eight rbs against a tough opponent. Thought he really toughed up and played good post D against Caracter in the second half. Hopefully he can build on this, and we can get the ball to him more instead of jacking three's just about every possession.

2. Capel's name won't be mentioned on anyone's coaching candidate short-list next year.

Which proves there are positives in everything if you look hard enough. :)

Thought TMG showed something too.
Offense was a little better in the second half with better spacing and ball movement.

and finally....

WE WON THE SECOND HALF!!

Tiny is no post player, he is too soft and has hand of stone just like Ryan Wright does. He is a point guard trapped in a post players body and I just don't see him improving at all when it comes to playing defense and rebounding.

TMG played well, Tiny isn't a post player right now. I think we are better off at just letting him be a guard like he wants. Maybe he can learn more about being a post in the off season.

Maybe it's a good thing if he went pro next year.

tiny? are you crazy?
he's going to be a monster in time.
i thought he played much better down the stretch today.
capel just needs to figure out how to harness all the talent and egos and attitudes he's assembled.
but tiny is someone that we desperately need to stick around.

Tiny is developloing quite nicely. We need other post to step up. We really need somebody to clog up the lane defensively (Block, Rebound, etc).

No way.

Tiny has a long way to go before he's ready for the NBA. But he can (and I believe will) be one heck of a college player when he gains for more experience and learns how to take advantage of his size and skills.

Keep in mind that he was 70-80 pounds heavier when he arrived at Oak Hill two years ago. Coach Smith did a nice job of getting him to buy into working hard on his weight and conditioning. But he is still raw as a post player, and he's not accustomed to being limited to playing mostly inside. If Tiny continues to work hard and doesn't get discouraged, I think we'll see some special things out of him before the season is over.

No way.

Tiny has a long way to go before he's ready for the NBA. But he can (and I believe will) be one heck of a college player when he gains for more experience and learns how to take advantage of his size and skills.

Keep in mind that he was 70-80 pounds heavier when he arrived at Oak Hill two years ago. Coach Smith did a nice job of getting him to buy into working hard on his weight and conditioning. But he is still raw as a post player, and he's not accustomed to being limited to playing mostly inside. If Tiny continues to work hard and doesn't get discouraged, I think we'll see some special things out of him before the season is over.

Ada hit the nail on the head with Tiny is that he is raw as a post at this size. I liked the way he fought in the 2nd half.

Ada hit the nail on the head with Tiny is that he is raw as a post at this size. I liked the way he fought in the 2nd half.

I agree. Once Tiny started taking it at Caracter, he looked really good. Coach has a lot of work to do with this team, but we have some great pieces if we can ever get them to fit together.

I only caught the second half but I thought Tiny and TMG looked good. It was the first time all season that I've seen TMG penetrate all season. I think he and WWIII really need to penetrate more often rather than passing the ball around the arc, Our offense doesn't seem to have very good spacing and we really need someone to collapse opposing defenses to get better looks.

There is another positive that you left out...we don't have to play UTEP again.

Tiny is no post player, he is too soft and has hand of stone just like Ryan Wright does. He is a point guard trapped in a post players body and I just don't see him improving at all when it comes to playing defense and rebounding.

I thought that he looked better and learned some things from the first half to the second. He was more aggressive and used that spin move very well. It is possible that he is getting that he is 290 and can move those guys around in the post. Lets just hope so.

I thought both Tiny and TMG came out and responded to Capel's challenge at halftime. They are both playing some solid basketball for true freshmen.

Tiny and TMG are going to be very good players, both very skilled and it looks like they really want to get better. With them as the backbone of this team going foward after this year we ll be set up pretty well.

If we can get 2 big athletic posts for next year, we will be a very good team.

Back