Upcoming matchup with Nova

skyvue

Reaction score
I'll admit I assumed before the season that the Villanova game in Philly would be a loss. But Nova is now 2-4 after losing by 12 to Portland today, and I find myself hoping they lose on Sunday even though it would hurt our SOS because if they're 2-5, maybe the fans in Philly will be selling their tix cheap on StubHub and I can go to the game (at regular price, with transportation, it'd cost me nearly $100).

Either way, it would be sweet to beat them at their place, no matter what their record is.

They’ve got 2 really good players out right now. Not sure when they’re supposed to be back though.

One is projected top 8 pick.

They’ve got 2 really good players out right now. Not sure when they’re supposed to be back though.

One is projected top 8 pick.

The stud freshman will probably be back sooner than Moore, but I don’t know if he will be back by next weekend.

The stud freshman will probably be back sooner than Moore, but I don’t know if he will be back by next weekend.

The thing I saw said Moore in January & Whitmore early December. So it’ll be close if he’s back by OU.

Looks like we will be fortunate to catch them when we do...but even with the two stars, they are still not your typical Nova team.

Looks like we will be fortunate to catch them when we do...but even with the two stars, they are still not your typical Nova team.

Take away 2 stars from any team & they are not your typical team.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/John_Fanta/status/1596986524784283648[/TWEET]

I've seen them multiple times this year. They will play hard and physical like your prototypical Nova team, but they simply don't have the firepower/scoring that they've had in years past. Having said that, they will still be very difficult to beat up there.

I've seen them multiple times this year. They will play hard and physical like your prototypical Nova team, but they simply don't have the firepower/scoring that they've had in years past. Having said that, they will still be very difficult to beat up there.

Agreed but since the game will be off campus at the WFC, maybe the empty seats in a pro arena won’t be such a significant home court advantage

I just want a win against them. I don’t care if they are down or missing 5 players. Just want a win against them in the record books

We're 2-3 against them currently; it'd be nice to reach .500 against them.

We owe them an absolutely epic buttkicking. I hope Jacob groves scores 5
45 on them.

Back