Update for you Austin Johnson fans

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
AJ is playing in Amman, Jordan this season. Here's the latest brief with his stats and info about the team he's playing for now.

Great to see a former Sooner do well!

Austin Johnson agreed terms with ASU Sports Club, ex Amchit - Feb 4, 2013

POSTED BY:
EUROBASKET
E-mail Eurobasket

Austin
Johnson

ASU Sports Club (Premier League) strengthened their roster with addition of 26-year old American guard Austin Johnson (191-85kg-87, college: Oklahoma, agency: Edge Sports). He played most recently at Amchit in Lebanese Division A. In 5 games this season he recorded very impressive stats: 18.4ppg, 3.0rpg, 5.2apg and 4.0spg. The last season Johnson played at Al Moutahed (Division A) in Lebanon. In 26 games last year he averaged impressive 21.3ppg, 3.9rpg, 5.8apg (top 2) and 2.7spg (leader !!!). He played also 6 games in WABA League, where he averaged 23.2ppg, 3.5rpg and 3.7apg. Great season indeed as he was awarded PMA Basketball Asia-Basket.com All-Lebanese League Guard of the Year and voted to 1st Team and voted to All-Imports Team.
His team made it to the League Semifinals in 2011.
Johnson has played also professionally in Switzerland (BBC Nyon).
He attended University of Oklahoma until 2009 and it will be his fourth season in pro basketball.
The scouts decsribe him following way: Lanky guard who boasts an 80-inch wingspan

I will always wonder what AJ could have been at OU if he were healthy.

You don't put up numbers like that, even in the weaker pro leagues, if you don't have game.

Glad he is doing well.

I will always wonder what AJ could have been at OU if he were healthy.

You don't put up numbers like that, even in the weaker pro leagues, if you don't have game.

Glad he is doing well.

Absolutely true. I have always believed that a healthy AJ would have been a star at OU. He was still a very good player. But there is no doubt that the injuries he suffered through, pretty much throughout his career, prevented him from reaching his full potential.

AJ was one of my favorites, and I'm pleased that he's doing well with his professional playing career.

I remember midnight madness when Kelvin said watch what this freshman can do and AJ did some 360 windmill dunk from outside the block. Crazy athlete. Really too bad the injuries kept him from his full potenial. Those stats are no joke, I don't care what professional "A/Premier" league you're in.

Back