Update on Orlando Allen

Wright,needs alot of things.

The thing that disappointed me most about Ryan last year was that he played so small. I had heard lots of great things about his ability to bang on the the boards and with bigger players. We need him to get tougher.

WW passes are bad. You don't have to beat around the bush. Blake bailed him out so much this year. Throughout this next year, his passes will get better, but he'll continue to make more bailout plays because he's going to be driving to the bucket atleast 10 times a game.

haha, well i am modest in my criticism b/c i come from another board where it's mostly idiots talking hoops (if there's any talk at all) or the "dont criticize the team" kind of folks. casual fans who dont know much about hoops think WW is a PG.

the single most annoying and maddening play in the history of basketball is a ball-handler driving into the lane/traffic and jumping up in the air with no shot or place to pass it. Sherron Collins seems to have rid that crap from his game for the most part, i hope WW does too.

btw, the #2 most maddening play in hoops is when a defender lunges for a steal he clearly wont get to and runs himself out of the play. trying to be the hero.

damn this is off-topic, so O (and everyone) will benefit from good passes! yay

Good to hear about Orlando. My brother took his two boys to a game this year and got to meet him after the game and get autographs. He had nothing but good things to say about Orlando, he was good with the kids apparently.

the single most annoying and maddening play in the history of basketball is a ball-handler driving into the lane/traffic and jumping up in the air with no shot or place to pass it. Sherron Collins seems to have rid that crap from his game for the most part, i hope WW does too.

2005-2008 were tough years for you to watch OU basketball huh?

The key with Orlando is that he has the "Want to attitude". Like Big said it's all about putting in the work. If you go back and watch some of our games. Orlando seemed to be watching Blake alot. Especially how Blake went about his game and how he worked hard. I really hope Big "O" has something to say about who plays the 5 next year. Just think what could happen if Tiny arrives and puts in the work. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

btw, the #2 most maddening play in hoops is when a defender lunges for a steal he clearly wont get to and runs himself out of the play. trying to be the hero.

I am going to say picking up the dribble 35-40 ft. from the basket and waiting for a defender(s) to trap you is the most annoying thing that happens in hoops.

Got word that he started working out hard the week (more like the day) after the team got back from Memphis. He is down to 261 pounds (remember that he weighed close to 300 when he arrived at Oklahoma), which is the best shape that he has been in in years. Keep it up, Big O! :clap

I really want this kid to succeed. I hope the new S&C coach has him doing the tennis ball drill that helped LL out with is hands (Wright needs this as well).

Think Dexter Pittman. Dexter has busted his @$$ at UT and he may be one of the better bigman (possibly the best) in the conference next season (to all that balk, you will see, his improvement was incredible this year and he continues to improve at the same rate he will push Aldridge).

I am no Longhorn fan but I do admire all players that work really hard. I hope Orlondo can show the type of improvement that Dexter has shown.

Never never never underestimate hard work. For the record, I think Tiny and Juan will start in the post. But, I wouldn't put it past the big O to earn a spot in the lineup. I would love to see it and am rooting for him.

The good news is that Tiny has excellent hands.

From what I can tell by watching him just a few times...your statement MIGHT actually be an understatement. It looked like he has FREAKISHLY good hands.

From what I can tell by watching him just a few times...your statement MIGHT actually be an understatement. It looked like he has FREAKISHLY good hands.

We are going to be pretty spoiled between Blake and Tinys' hands. They both are really, really good at catching tough passes in traffic and while running the open floor.

Back