Uzan shows bright future

Reaction score
I remember watching Cousins and Hield as frosh and even though there were times I screamed at the tv I knew they would be good at some point in their careers. Felt that same feeling tonight with Uzan. I'm not sure aout his speed tho. Unfortunately, Oweh does not make me feel all giddy. But I hope that changes. His body language seemed quite poor tonight.

Same with Noland. Last year I felt there was a chance to be good but I don't feel like he's better and his body language was strange tonight. They both could be very laid back naturally and won't ever make me feel like they are "all in."

Bamisile reminds me of a former player and I can't figure out who. He makes me cringe every time he gets near a ball. I'm hoping he knows nothing and will get better every day from practice and playing time. Cortes seems very hot or cold but can be exceptional at times. If he was solid enough to play the point big minutes I would love to see Sherfield at the 2.

We owe Hill and the brothers Groves so much for taking a chance and riding with the Sooners and sticking this out. I think Porter Moser has proved his worth with the record this team has and the success they have already achieved on the young season.

Godwin has been an awesome surprise and I enjoy watching him play. Grant Sherfield is a man and needs to shoot like Jordan did every game. Put up 30 shots Grant!

What do you all think?

Love Uzan. Plays under control and has some very subtle moves for a freshman. I think he can be a starting PG for the remainder of his OU career.

Noland is in a funk. Still think he has talent and can be a solid contributor, but he and Joe Bam need to find some confidence and a roll on this team.

Agree with the rest.

I love how PM gave some of the kids a chance early on and quickly made changes. He's a little slow to change Noland for some reason. Uzan is getting better.

I love Schroders game, it's fun watching him attack. You can tell he wants to score. I hope his PT increases.

BC has improved a lot and it's nice watching him facilitate rather than shoot too many 3's.

I love how PM gave some of the kids a chance early on and quickly made changes. He's a little slow to change Noland for some reason. Uzan is getting better.

I love Schroders game, it's fun watching him attack. You can tell he wants to score. I hope his PT increases.

BC has improved a lot and it's nice watching him facilitate rather than shoot too many 3's.

i think Schroder might be the best path to the team improving ..

i think Schroder might be the best path to the team improving ..

I had the same thought. It's entirely possible that he would be in over his head and make tons of mistakes, but at this point, I would rather have him on the floor than Bam, or Noland. I remain in the camp that thinks CJ's body will make it tough for him to ever take a massive leap. You don't see many shooting guards with that kind of frame turn into great players, unless they have exceptional skill.

Arky probably isn't the game to do it, but I'd like to see Benny get more minutes in a couple of the remaining noncon games. If he looks lost, then you can scrap the experiment.

Uzan needs to be aggressive. When he is, he looks great. When he's not, he looks like a deer in the headlights. He and Bijan can actually be a great 1-2 punch for the next couple of years because both can handle and set the table -- and get their own buckets.

I had the same thought. It's entirely possible that he would be in over his head and make tons of mistakes, but at this point, I would rather have him on the floor than Bam, or Noland. I remain in the camp that thinks CJ's body will make it tough for him to ever take a massive leap. You don't see many shooting guards with that kind of frame turn into great players, unless they have exceptional skill.

Arky probably isn't the game to do it, but I'd like to see Benny get more minutes in a couple of the remaining noncon games. If he looks lost, then you can scrap the experiment.

CJ has been very strange this year he hasn't really played bad he is just not bringing much to the table ..

he is a very good shooter but he is not shooting ... very weird ..

The thing about Schroder: I think he'll be able to score. He's tall and long. Not super athletic ... but very skilled. Still, he'll get torched defensively for a bit. To me, he looks like a solid replacement at the 3 spots when Jacob Groves graduates.

Last edited:
I agree, Benny looks decent from the very little I've seen him play. I really hope he gets more PT as the season progresses, because I do see potential, and I'd like for these young guns to stick around and see what we have here in a couple years with PM's recruiting efforts to seemingly pay off. Next year's incoming class looks very promising as well, and in theory should compliment this year's class, if the portal doesn't become appealing. NOrthweather is HUGE, and I'd love to see what he's capable of too. Fingers crossed PM can find a way to keep these kids around!

The thing about Schroder: I think he'll be able to score. He's tall and long. Not super athletic ... but very skilled. Still, he'll get torched defensively for a bit. To me, he looks like a solid replacement at the 3 spots when Jacob Groves graduates.

He looks very athletic to me.

Had the same thought on Oweh's body language

I said to myself I would jerk him off the court if he did not want to play and was trying to show his dispproval. But, Moser knows them and I don't. Plus he gets a steal and layup. Maybe he just nneded that.

May be reading too much into it but it just looked as if Grant was trying to ecourage CJ on the bench.

I think J Groves' improvement defensively could be a great model for Schroder between now and next year. I haven't thought Benny looked very athletic, but he looks energetic and decisive on the offensive end in his limited minutes. I feel like there are guys who are athletic offensive players, but it doesn't translate to the other end, Bam is a good example so far this year.

Back