Wall picks Kentucky ... Are they preseason No. 1 now?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Didn't they just get a top point guard to commit to them? If so hopefully he didn't sign a LOI and can look elseware.

Yes- Bledsoe another 5 star PG committed to UK a few weeks ago. But I hear he has a looong way to go academically. And Wall is not qualified yet either.

Europe or the NBA may still be Wall's future for next year. But if he does qualify, UK will be extremely talented. It may be the most talented team in memory if all their players return and get into school.

It will be interesting to watch. Chemistry is a funny thing. You take 10 guys used to being the man and sometimes bad things happen. Seen it happen many, many times.

I don't think a crop of freshmen, no matter how impressive, makes any team a preseason #1.

I don't think they are preseason #1, but if they can mature and gel they will be final four contenders in March. Their front line of Patterson, Cousins, and Orton is impressive. If Meeks returns they will have as much talent as anyone.

I don't know if they are or not. they'll have alot of depth though. Wall is going to have a good year because he can pitch out or in on the drive and he won't be aggressively hedged because their won't be anyone to cheat off on.

With respect to recruiting rankings, the only class that I can think of that was higher ranked was Michigan's Fab Five.

UCLA had some great recruiting classes with Kareem and Walton and it just wasn't those two, they had some support that had good pro careers.

It will be interesting to see how they adjust to each other. Meeks was able to shoot the ball whenever he wanted and now you have Wall who is more of a scoring PG. They could have some chemistry problems at the start but I think Cal can get them to play together. They definitely have a ton of talent, I think chemistry is the only question.

World Wide Wes has built a powerhouse for Calipari. A very good source told me that there was not a chance for Eric Bledsoe to get qualified. He signs his LOI with Kentucky and all of a sudden the guy is a genius academian and he is fully qualified.

UK may be hard to stop until there is a smoking gun. Your favorite whipping boy Scott Drew obviously didn't know how this game is played. You get the player's LOI and then you hire the AAU coach.

On a separate note, I did hear that Baylor's foreign recruit- Dragan Sekelja did well on his SAT test and will likely be qualified to play for Baylor in the Fall. Rivals is supposedly giving him a 5 star rating so if that rating is accurate, he should be expected to play and do some damage for the Bears next year.

Last edited:
I don't think a crop of freshmen, no matter how impressive, makes any team a preseason #1.

In Meeks & Patterson they have two preseason all-american upperclassmen.
Combine that with a Fab 5 like class and they should be top 3.

There goes Dirty's theory that great players don't want to play with other good players and are scared of comp. Calipari is a flat out recruiter.

Last edited:
World Wide Wes has built a powerhouse for Calipari. A very good source told me that there was not a chance for Eric Bledsoe to get qualified. He signs his LOI with Kentucky and all of a sudden the guy is a genius academian and he is fully qualified.

UK may be hard to stop until there is a smoking gun. Your favorite whipping boy Scott Drew obviously didn't know how this game is played. You get the player's LOI and then you hire the AAU coach.
On a separate note, I did hear that Baylor's foreign recruit- Dragan Sekelja did well on his SAT test and will likely be qualified to play for Baylor in the Fall. Rivals is supposedly giving him a 5 star rating so if that rating is accurate, he should be expected to play and do some damage for the Bears next year.

Get over yourself. Drew is far from being the most maligned figure on this board. As for him not knowing how the game is played....there is no doubt in my mind that he knows all the gray areas.

It will be interesting to see how they adjust to each other. Meeks was able to shoot the ball whenever he wanted and now you have Wall who is more of a scoring PG. They could have some chemistry problems at the start but I think Cal can get them to play together. They definitely have a ton of talent, I think chemistry is the only question.

Wall is not a selfish player. He had 14pts and 12 assist in the hoop summit game, finding shots for Henry and the others that he played with. As a penitrating guard, the decision is pretty much decided for you. If the guards help down you pitch to the three point line, if the bigs step up on the drive, you dish to the post, if no one helps, you attack the rim. The key for UK will be who will emerge as the wing opposite Meeks. Is Dodson going to be a player or do they expect Liggins, Harris, or whoever is the holdover to step up.

Back