5* guard Eric Bledsoe to Kentucky

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Also, Kentucky appears to be the leader for Will Barton, a 6'6 wing who is considered a top 20 recruit. Jerry Meyer posted in his blog about Cameron Clark being a KU vs. UK battle and the recruitment of Barton doesn't reflect that.
www.zagsblog.com

The point guard dominoes have begun to fall.

Although Kentucky has yet to receive official notice from Eric Bledsoe’s camp, Bledsoe will announce for Kentucky during a press conference Wednesday morning at Parker (AL) High, according to a source close to the situation.

“I got it from a college coach who’s recruiting him,” the source said. “He told some staffs where he’s not going. He said, ‘Kentucky’s my school.’”

Jerry Meyer of Rivals and MemphisRoar.com also indicate the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe will play for John Calipari and not Josh Pastner of Memphis next year.

Bledsoe averaged 20.4 points, 11.2 rebounds and 10.3 assists in leading Parker to the Class 5A state championship game. The Thundering Herd beat Kentucky-bound big man DeMarcus Cousins and Mobile (AL) LeFlore 52-39 in the semifinals.

“I’m a pass-first point guard,” Bledsoe said last week during his visit to Memphis. “I can help everybody get to where they need to be.”

Calipari is still actively recruiting John Wall, the top recruit in the Class of 2009, and hopes that Bledsoe can play 10-15 minutes per game alongside Wall.

If Wall goes to the NBA after one season, Kentucky would still have Bledsoe the following year.

Wall is considering Kentucky, Memphis, Miami, Baylor, Duke, N.C. State and Florida.

Asked if it bothered him that Wall was considered Kentucky’s first choice, Bledsoe said: “No, sir. No it don’t. I’m going to play my position either if he do go or he don’t.”

Asked if they could play together, Bledsoe said, “Yes, sir.”

Also, Kentucky appears to be the leader for Will Barton, a 6'6 wing who is considered a top 20 recruit. Jerry Meyer posted in his blog about Cameron Clark being a KU vs. UK battle and the recruitment of Barton doesn't reflect that.
www.zagsblog.com

It didn't get the impression that Meyer was saying it would be a UK/KU battle for Clark. He was answering a question from a gawk fan. He said that OU is a big player (among others).

As for Bledsoe, that probably means no Wall for UK.

I don't know. I just can't see him going to Miami. He really like his visit their, but I just don't see it. If so, I'll have to tip my hat to Frank Haith.

Back