'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

I seriously doubt it.

I wonder if they allowed him to keep his radio show on the condition that part of that income would go toward NIL for the players?
I’d be shocked if he’s still doing it by the time the season starts. Just seems like a huge distraction.

I’d be shocked if he’s still doing it by the time the season starts. Just seems like a huge distraction.
Hes a sideshow. I bet he continues to do it. Plus it hedges his bets and possibly to a degree, helps his coaching job

Not a big Doug fan...but also not a huge hater either. I ignore him, mostly.

But I'm actually intrigued by this. Kind of a Deion hire on a much smaller level. Deion's failing like so many thought he would.

Will Doug? I'll say, this early, he'll do okay. Who knows, though. It depends on roster acquisition, IMO, and I'm really curious to see how he'll do right away.

I just don’t see how he can do it through the season. Maybe I’m wrong.
How is he gonna make time for recruiting? And then now a days recruiting is pretty much trying to keep your own team together as much as possible too.

How is he gonna make time for recruiting? And then now a days recruiting is pretty much trying to keep your own team together as much as possible too.
Yeah college coaching is so time consuming. I doubt you’d want to use the little free time you have to do a radio show.

Yeah college coaching is so time consuming. I doubt you’d want to use the little free time you have to do a radio show.
During season there is probably no way you can keep up with sports for your show and practice and scout other teams and make game plans. I know coaches take a lot of that work load but I'm not sure he realized how hard that will be to manage during the season. Maybe he could do the show during the offseason still but during the season he's gonna have to take time off at least.

Man this guy is pulling a rabbit out of his hat after his rough departure from nmsu (or was it UNM?)
It was NMSU, and the guy who got run out of town was his replacement (Greg Heiar). I'm pretty sure the roster that Jans had while at NMSU was populated with several sketchy characters, but the ones at NMSU last season were really scum. The rif-raf not only included a guy who gunned down a UNM student the night before the game (obviously canceled), but also the guys who helped hide his gun - and a couple of other guys were accused of sexual hazing of younger and smaller teammates.

Back