'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

It was NMSU, and the guy who got run out of town was his replacement (Greg Heiar). I'm pretty sure the roster that Jans had while at NMSU was populated with several sketchy characters, but the ones at NMSU last season were really scum. The rif-raf not only included a guy who gunned down a UNM student the night before the game (obviously canceled), but also the guys who helped hide his gun - and a couple of other guys were accused of sexual hazing of younger and smaller teammates.
That makes more sense then. I was off by 1 coach

"I realized I’m no longer the best coach to lead this program in the current environment. If you’re going to do it, you’ve got to be all in. You have to give everything. If you do it half-hearted. It’s not fair to the university and those young men. That’s what made me step away," Bennett said.

"I think it’s right for student athletes to receive revenue, but the game in college athletics is not in a healthy spot. It’s not. And there needs to be change. It’s not going to go back. I think I was equipped to do the job here the old way — that’s who I am and that’s how it was — and my staff has buoyed me along to get to this point, but there needs to be change. It’s going to be closer to a professional model.

"Will I miss the game? Do I love the game? Absolutely," he added. "But I don’t think I’m equipped in this new way to coach, and it’s a disservice if you keep doing that. I’m very sure that this is the right step. I wish I could’ve gone longer. I really do. But it was time."

"I realized I’m no longer the best coach to lead this program in the current environment. If you’re going to do it, you’ve got to be all in. You have to give everything. If you do it half-hearted. It’s not fair to the university and those young men. That’s what made me step away," Bennett said.

"I think it’s right for student athletes to receive revenue, but the game in college athletics is not in a healthy spot. It’s not. And there needs to be change. It’s not going to go back. I think I was equipped to do the job here the old way — that’s who I am and that’s how it was — and my staff has buoyed me along to get to this point, but there needs to be change. It’s going to be closer to a professional model.

"Will I miss the game? Do I love the game? Absolutely," he added. "But I don’t think I’m equipped in this new way to coach, and it’s a disservice if you keep doing that. I’m very sure that this is the right step. I wish I could’ve gone longer. I really do. But it was time."
Nice to see

Lol, that’s great and all but seems pretty shitty to make this call right before the season starts.

Back