Watched Colorado last night.... they will win the 6 games.

Burks admitted as much in a recent interview. He was asked if the local team recruited him and he said both MU and Iowa State looked at him a bit, but thought he was lazy so didn't recruit him. His words, not mine. So, like I said... Anderson passed because of issues unrelated to his talent.

What exactly have I posted that has convinced you to label me the biggest homer on this board? This isn't the first time you've thrown that out. Is it because I don't think MU will finish in the bottom third of the conference? Or is it my generally positive outlook on MU recruiting? I don't think anything I've said yet about Mizzou has proven to be false.

Link please

Burks admitted as much in a recent interview. He was asked if the local team recruited him and he said both MU and Iowa State looked at him a bit, but thought he was lazy so didn't recruit him. His words, not mine. So, like I said... Anderson passed because of issues unrelated to his talent.

What exactly have I posted that has convinced you to label me the biggest homer on this board? This isn't the first time you've thrown that out. Is it because I don't think MU will finish in the bottom third of the conference? Or is it my generally positive outlook on MU recruiting? I don't think anything I've said yet about Mizzou has proven to be false.

MU is probably regretting passing on Burk now with what they have on their roster this year.

As far as Burks, lazy is not the opposite of any description that I would attribute to him. Ballhog, Volume Shooter, ugly shot, out of control, all fit into his high school thesis, but lazy definetely wouldn't.

my understanding, living in Boulder, is that Frank Martin wanted Burk pretty bad. that KSU was his other Big XII offer other than CU.

ON LACK OF RECRUITMENT- "I felt like I got recruited by a lot but the big names didn't come after me because they said I was lazy and stuff. I am just showing them what they missed."

ON BIG 12 SCHOOLS OTHER THAN KANSAS STATE AND COLORADO RECRUITING HIM- "I had Iowa State, Missouri looked at me for a minute and Oklahoma but they weren't really interested so I came here, it's about Boulder, I love it out here."

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle....&DB_LANG=ES_ES&DB_OEM_ID=600&atclid=204836608

He is learning a lot from Cory Higgins, and with playing for Jeff Bzdelik. He is not lazy at all, maybe he was in high school, but he isnt now.

Ballhog, Volume Shooter, ugly shot, out of control, all fit into his high school thesis, but lazy definetely wouldn't.

I have seen him in 3 games this year and he is not out of control, a volume shooter, or a ballhog. He defers to Cory Higgins, but he is a tremendous player. Oklahoma, Kansas State, and Missouri would love to have him.

In his 3 college games he has had 13 points, 18 points, and 23 points. He is growing up fast and looks like the real deal out there.

As for ugly shot, it is not textbook but I dont know that I would call it ugly. You can see him shoot a 3 at the 14 second mark of this video:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3889&SPID=257&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204835131

Last edited:
I have seen him in 3 games this year and he is not out of control, a volume shooter, or a ballhog. He defers to Cory Higgins, but he is a tremendous player. Oklahoma, Kansas State, and Missouri would love to have him.

In his 3 college games he has had 13 points, 18 points, and 23 points. He is growing up fast and looks like the real deal out there

That's why I said High school. I'm sure he'll change in college. They all do.

That's why I said High school. I'm sure he'll change in college. They all do.

Oh, well yea. It should also be noted that when Missouri, Oklahoma, KSU, and CU were evaluating him he was 6'3''.. He grew to 6'6'' after Colorado had signed him... That could have changed things with his recruitment if he was that tall all along....

MU is probably regretting passing on Burk now with what they have on their roster this year.

As far as Burks, lazy is not the opposite of any description that I would attribute to him. Ballhog, Volume Shooter, ugly shot, out of control, all fit into his high school thesis, but lazy definetely wouldn't.

Right now I doubt MU is regretting passing on a guy they chose not to recruit based on three games against incredibly weak opponents, especially when you consider Dixon has been playing very well (the guard Anderson took instead) and the class MU has coming in next year. MU isn't lacking in talent at the guard spots (despite what you may think).

Burks is obviously a player with plenty of physical talent. But he's also a guy Anderson obviously knew about but chose not to recruit. Anderson knows exactly what he's looking for in a player, both from a talent standpoint and a personality standpoint. He's proven throughout his career that he generally knows what he's doing.

As for whether or not lazy is a word you'd use to describe Burks... I'll take the word of Mike Anderson over a guy who likely never saw the guy play.

They might win six but that is more because the north will not be that good imo. Missouri will be down, Nebraska is not any good, KSU will be up and down. Kansas is good of course and they should split with ISU. Where do they play A&M and Tech, because that might determine whether they get to 6 wins.

Split with ISU? I don't think any team should assume a win against ISU this year. It is still early but I think ISU is going to be a solid team capable of beating anyone.

Right now I doubt MU is regretting passing on a guy they chose not to recruit based on three games against incredibly weak opponents, especially when you consider Dixon has been playing very well (the guard Anderson took instead) and the class MU has coming in next year. MU isn't lacking in talent at the guard spots (despite what you may think).

Burks is obviously a player with plenty of physical talent. But he's also a guy Anderson obviously knew about but chose not to recruit. Anderson knows exactly what he's looking for in a player, both from a talent standpoint and a personality standpoint. He's proven throughout his career that he generally knows what he's doing.

As for whether or not lazy is a word you'd use to describe Burks... I'll take the word of Mike Anderson over a guy who likely never saw the guy play.

Burk vs. Bradley Beal may have been one of the best high school games lat year. The guy is better than guys on OU, UT, KU, OSU, and other big 12 rosters. If he would have chose OU, I would have been happy.

a coach that can't teach a player to play hard is a really bad coach.

Burk vs. Bradley Beal may have been one of the best high school games lat year. The guy is better than guys on OU, UT, KU, OSU, and other big 12 rosters. If he would have chose OU, I would have been happy.

I would have been happy with a guy with that kind of talent, too. But I'm also happy with the guys MU brought in instead. No one's kicking themselves at this point over losing him. His talent wasn't the question.

It's not like he was playing for some obscur team in the middle of nowhere. He was on the best high school team in KC, an area Anderson's recruited pretty hard. Anderson and several other coaches knew about him... but he only had two offers from major conference teams (Colorado and ksu). And yes... there was a reason.

Good coaches can get players to play harder. Anderson spent the past three years doing that with Leo Lyons, among other leftovers. Good coaches also know how to put together winning teams. Generally speaking, laziness is not a trait most good coaches seek out.

Back