we dont look very sharp

To the author of this thread. Who did look sharp that you have seen so far? I also agree with what Capelfan52 said. 93 points is a pretty good point total for a team's first game. The performance to the freshman should challenge the upper classmen to step up. I didn't get to see the game because of some late work at the office, but I like the fact that rebounding is something we have to work on and we outrebounded the team we played. If we can do this and play better defense. Our offense will take care of itself. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

I agree with the original poster, we did not look sharp. I get that we beat BC by 40 pts, but on that note, who cares. I was looking for signs that we would be addressing some off-season concerns. We struggled with rebounding, and we were disappointing scoring inside. I just worry about our ability later this season.

Sure, it's too soon to tell, and it's mostly just confirming the off-season concerns, but 2 things could've happened: 1) we played consistent with expectations or 2) we could've looked dominant inside and outside. The latter just didn't happen. No big deal.

just saying

I think its fair to say we didn't look sharp. We didn't. I also think that most fans should have expected the team to look "not sharp." The first exhibition is rarely satisfying for fans.

And as far as the comments about rebounding and interior scoring (I'll throw in interior defense), people should really get used to that. Our personnel is what it is...interior play just isn't going to be the strength of the team this year. That doesn't mean the team won't be able to press its advantage in other areas, but while we can expect the guys to produce in stretches, the frontcourt just isn't the strength of this team. Lets try to enjoy a group of guards like we haven't seen in years...

In TK's defense, we didn't look very sharp when he posted. It was a good observation in my book. :)

Greatness!

TM"I don't miss from the top of the key"G

Fitzgerald, TMG (shooting), Pledger and Tiny all looked good and played a lot of minutes. Of course WW, Davis and Crocker did their thing and looked great doing it.

One thing I would say is that Tiny needs to keep his chin up and work on the free throw shooting... I thought Fitz outplayed him and looked really good. Ryan Wright is still a turnover waiting to happen and needs to find some sort of consistent touch around the basket. We out-rebounded them 36-35. That really needs to improve if we want to win a few close ones.

There was a sparse crowd that made a lot of noise and they played Tobi Keith's new song tribute to Wayman Tisdale at the half. Although it took some people time to stand for the ovation there were few dry eyes after watching the video of our fallen hero.
Overall it was better than the worst I conceived and not quite as good I'd imagined possible.

This concludes today's episode of Guiding Light...

Like I said in the other post, with a round of 32 team we only beat this guys 82-61. I think we looked sharp all things considered.

Back