We lost for one simple reason, I was at the game.

DeaconBoomer

Reaction score
When I go, we usually lose, but tonight UTEP was the better team. They were more athletic, quicker, faster, longer and could defend. They had quicker hands abused the passing lanes and made OU look a HS basketball team on offense at times. OU's defense in transition was non-exsistent at times. OU's perimeter D was embarrassing.

The game was a mismatch from the start. They had better players and would beat us 8 out of 10 ten times. UTEP played D hard almost every time down the court. It was like they had a bunch of Skeeter Henry's running around out there, taller skeeter's. Their height and length destroyed us. We simply struggled to compete with them at times. I witnessed this game from the 3rd row up down from the Sooner bench. It was very, very hard to watch. :(

We don't need excuses, the better team won. It was a total beat down.

Last edited:
I agree that UTEP was the better team by a long shot.

I've never seen someone in person FLY like Carpenter did last night. He was putting on a jumping show during warm ups before the game.

I overpaid for that game, when I finally got settled in the score was 30-45, we were on the front row on the UTEP-OSU end. shortly after the osu pep band started moving in front of us. They really fit the moniker of BAND GEEKS.
I peppered them with 27-0 jokes as they increased the cheering for UTEP.
We thought about staying for the second game, but my son had enough from the Sooner State girls screaming, and the tuba really has no business in a basketball arena

I've never seen someone in person FLY like Carpenter did last night. He was putting on a jumping show during warm ups before the game.

I took pictures of him throwing the ball of the glass and slamming it. He was also bouncing it off the floor about 15 ft high and throwing it down hard. His head was a foot above the rim more than once. Did you see the kid's reverse slams? His head was in the net, it was friggin amazing. It was incredible to watch. I've never seen a show like that either. Wow!

I overpaid for that game, when I finally got settled in the score was 30-45, we were on the front row on the UTEP-OSU end. shortly after the osu pep band started moving in front of us. They really fit the moniker of BAND GEEKS.
I peppered them with 27-0 jokes as they increased the cheering for UTEP.
We thought about staying for the second game, but my son had enough from the Sooner State girls screaming, and the tuba really has no business in a basketball arena

OU's band was in shock and forgot to play, or had no reason to play. I'm not sure what happened. I overpaid for the game myself. It kind of leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

Back