We will get better.....

boomer0187

Reaction score
We are young, the only thing that bothers me is jackin up so many threes instead of trying to get a good shot and I wish we had more of a inside presence other than Tiny.

They are young and show much promise. I'll just try to hold on a couple of months. Really the game turned early when VCU was making most every 3 they shot. If the game had stayed close early, the guys may have settled down but instead they never got focused.

Of course they'll get better. Has everyone here forgotten what happened to us at Arkansas last year?

Of course they'll get better. Has everyone here forgotten what happened to us at Arkansas last year?

With the national player of the year (Blake), a guy who made an NBA roster (Taylor), and an elite athlete and shot blocker (Patillo)...

This year is much, much different.

This team has so far to go on defense that I dont think we can be seriously competitive against the top 5 teams in the Big XII.

With the national player of the year (Blake), a guy who made an NBA roster (Taylor), and an elite athlete and shot blocker (Patillo)..

That's just what I mean big. Arkansas rolled us with all that talent on the floor. And, you can't tell me that Arkansas team was better than this VCU team. What I'm trying to say is that we got better after that game last year and we'll get better with each game this year.

This team has a lot of talent, the 4 big Froshs we have all look like players and as they improve so will we. The downside is Freshman generally speaking dont know how to play defense and considering Willie doesnt feel like playing D either we got a long way to go.

We are young, the only thing that bothers me is jackin up so many threes instead of trying to get a good shot and I wish we had more of a inside presence other than Tiny.

I just got home after a long day of basketball with my kids and looked at the box and that was the first thing I thought of. We can't have our best player and one of the best in the nation score the same amount of points as 3 point shots he missed. Warren and Pledger can't miss 16 3's. It just can't happen. You gotta penetrate and make something happen.

I think they will steadily improve this year, make the tourney and hopefully compete for the Big 12 title next year.

j2D2 stick around. I think you'll be very surprised at the improvement that you will see. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back