What happens if Tiny goes pro?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
What happens if tiny goes pro next year? With our current recruits and players we would have no good low post scoring, defense, or rebounding

What happens if tiny goes pro next year? With our current recruits and players we would have no good low post scoring, defense, or rebounding

It is really unlikely that he will go pro, but if he does, then it would be a huge blow.

Orlando Allen steps in and dominates.

I would be stunned if he went before the second round right now.

We better worry more about how he fares this year than what he does next year. Right now he looks more like a matador on defense, ole'ing would-be slashers to the bucket for the easy two.

Players make poor decisions regarding the draft all the time. However, I feel like its unlikely he goes pro because unless he dominates against Kansas, Texas, and UTEP his draft stock won't rise high enough to warrant the decision.

It's good that he has Jeff Capel on his side, because knows a great deal about the NBA and wants to be an NBA GM. Jeff is a great guy to have in your corner if you are a pro player.

However, if it does happen it will be very bad for OU. VERY BAD.

Fortunately for him, no one in the NBA plays defense so that is his only chance. At this point in the season, no one on the team deserves to go out. They all have plenty to learn (ie. defense, work ethic, or attitude) before getting embarrassed on the NBA level.

Tiny is leading the Big 12 in rebounding as a true freshman, and averages a double/double in 24 minutes a game. If he continues to improve and shows it in a few games (Kansas, Texas, UTEP mainly because they have NBA post players) then he could see his stock rise.

I think his stock will be pretty high because he is going to put up big numbers this year.

Tiny is leading the Big 12 in rebounding as a true freshman, and averages a double/double in 24 minutes a game.
He also hasn't gone up against any post players with size. Those rebound numbers will come down significantly when he hits conference play.

I'm not so sure his game (body?) translate to the NBA right now.
Does it? Thoughts?
Not that not being ready has stopped other players who weren't ready to leave early but I think he stays at OU at least 2 years.

I'm not so sure his game (body?) translate to the NBA right now.
Does it? Thoughts?
Not that not being ready has stopped other players who weren't ready to leave early but I think he stays at OU at least 2 years.

I am not real sure how he fits in the NBA right now.

I am not real sure how he fits in the NBA right now.

I agree, i know he has NBA talent but he from what i've seen i see a guy that is really searching to find himself as a post player...

I know Capel has challenged him to play more inside, but in some ways i wish he would let him go and play an overall game inside and out...that is where i could see him really doing something in the NBA...

ABD is right, we need to see him against some NBA type frontline players first before we can really have an educated opinion on his draft possibilities...good thing, he plays in a league with quite a few...

Succeeding against quality post players will help his stock. I think it will also help if he can show that he's capable of doing well against some of the faster paced teams in the Big 12 (MU and OSU especially). If weight's a concern, I'm sure NBA teams would like to see him hanging with that kind of pace and still putting up numbers.

all I know is the kid has said he wants to be one and done and has not come out and said anything otherwise....so until he does as a recruiter you would have to assume he is leaving...

even if we strike gold and get jones, we still have to have a large body big...jones willl be a good shotblocker but we will still need someone with a big body to bang down low in the offense

all I know is the kid has said he wants to be one and done and has not come out and said anything otherwise....so until he does as a recruiter you would have to assume he is leaving...

even if we strike gold and get jones, we still have to have a large body big...jones willl be a good shotblocker but we will still need someone with a big body to bang down low in the offense

He has said several time now (including at media day) that he doesn't plan on being 1 and done anymore.

I think there is a better chance of seeing Tiny playing 3 years than there is of him being gone after this year.

Tiny is leading the Big 12 in rebounding as a true freshman, and averages a double/double in 24 minutes a game. If he continues to improve and shows it in a few games (Kansas, Texas, UTEP mainly because they have NBA post players) then he could see his stock rise.

Did you have to be positive now? You are brutal this season. :) How about Tiny is too slow to be a first round pick. Tiny's mom wants him to get a degree. Tiny doesn't have what it takes.

The worst part is you have been right more often than not. Hopefully, Tiny will recognize how much Blake's stock rose by staying a second year. Honestly, I think Tiny has to prove he can play more than 24 minutes a game. Another year of getting in shape and improving his game would be good for him.

oh wow, if he does play three years we are going to be scary good when he is a junior...lookiing at a more experienced lineup

1)tmg - junior
2) pledger - junior
3) clark - sophmore
4) Uknown
5) Gallon - junior

Back