What is your REALISTIC/hopefull lineup for next year?

luckyc1423

Reaction score
I think this can be very realistic below...

1) TMG
2) Lamb
3) Clark
4) Jones
5) Gallon

If we can just get 2 and 4 to commit that would be a scary good lineup...

I guess Barnes is coming off the bench... :D

haha, I said realistic so I am not sure how realistic it is for us to get him....but maybe im wrong!

haha, I said realistic so I am not sure how realistic it is for us to get him....but maybe im wrong!

I don't think it's right to take ANYTHING away from coach Capel. He can make it happen. He's the goods.

I think this can be very realistic below...

1) TMG
2) Lamb
3) Clark
4) Jones
5) Gallon

If we can just get 2 and 4 to commit that would be a scary good lineup...

I'm not sure Pledger and possibly Willis still don't start over one or two of those guys. Lamb and Clark may be more talented, but especially with Pledger, not sure that talent difference makes up for the difference a year of experience is worth.

Of course, I'm assuming Pledger is the goods. He may bust. Who knows.

With the way Pledger shoots (and being 6'4'' 220 as a freshman), I dont see how he will be a bust but you never know. I think he will be a 3 year starter.

1) TMG
2) Pledger
3) Clark
4) Gallon
5) J. Smith

If we get Josh Smith and Tiny comes back, I see him (Tiny) playing more at the 4 to give him a better shot of proving himself to the NBA. He won't play the 5 in the pros, and just like with Willie, Coach Capel will put him in the right place to help the team and improve his draft stock.

I see Pledger starting because of his versatility. If he is all he is billed to be, he is just as potent on both ends of the floor. That is a player that is hard to take off the court. Now this could all change if/when we get Lamb. However, I feel like Capel will have such a versatile lineup of guards that he can shift them around almost at will. I imagine there will be major minutes to be had for both of them.

Last edited:
I think I like that lineup....with pledger in there he can really spread the floor...him and tmg...but I think if you start pledger then we have to start 4 guards imo.....the fourth guard would have to be real versatile so we would pretty much have to have a terrence jones type kid....I dont see smith and gallon starting together....although if they could that would be nice....I just think that is two real big kids and does not show capels style of play....I dont think gallon will be in enough shape to play the hole game so having smith and being able to swap those two out without loosing much talent would be huge

Sure seems like too many people are just writing off Cade Davis, Ray Wilis and Stephen Pledger. I would expect two of those guys to start next year.

There is absolutely no way two of those kids start....Keep in mind I have been a huge willis fan from day one....but if we are able to sign 2 kids out of the following list....1) barnes 2) smith 3) jones 4) lamb....along with cameron clark there is not room for two of those two start....I think pledger has a chance just because he will bring a different part to the court in his shooting while the other plays will be slashers that can shoot well also

I think more along realistic lines and I say we will sign 1 more kid out of the 4 listed below....if we sign smith or jones it is obvious that they are starting.....but in this case lets say we sign lamb....i see the lineup like this

1) tmg
2) pledger
3) lamb
4) clark
5) gallon

I know some of you wont think this is right with just one post player....but if we do not sign a good post player this year I dont see how we can afford to start two kids....I mean gallon, unless his conditioning has changed or will change, cannot play up and down game for a while....so we will have to have another post (fitz) that is real talented to come in and be fresh....then bring in allen in areas of the game when we want to go big

PG TMG
SG Pledger
SF Clark
PF Jones
C Gallon

1st guard off the bench Cade
1st big off the bench Fitz

Back